mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay it for.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
BudgetBaller 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I this thread was going to be about a new market for used paintballs.

I am disappoint.
Wasnt there a company that used to sell already shot tournament paint? They'd rake it up and resell at low prices. Maybe it was a dream but I remember playing with some guys that would open bags of miss matched balls that would chop every second shot. White box paints pretty close to the same quality.

Sorry
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bricew25...ow=grid&view=0
bricew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricew25 View Post
Wasnt there a company that used to sell already shot tournament paint? They'd rake it up and resell at low prices. Maybe it was a dream but I remember playing with some guys that would open bags of miss matched balls that would chop every second shot. White box paints pretty close to the same quality.

Sorry
lol to be fair I use to have a beater 98 and when I ran out of paint I use to use "old" paint I found on the ground on the speedball fields just to keep going when I was rather broke that weekend. Yea a lot of it broke in the gun itself but I didnt care. It kept me in the game that much longer. It was a lot funnier to get people out with paint I just found on the ground :-p.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
all work

I really want to side with the op cuz I think he's complaining about people asking unrealistic prices for their tired old kit, but the endless run-on sentence is a deal-breaker.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I really want to side with the op cuz I think he's complaining about people asking unrealistic prices for their tired old kit, but the endless run-on sentence is a deal-breaker.
yes that was my piont and sorry for the lack of punctuation. and as for the grammer i have Dyslexia which does not really help. and yes it does effect you if you wrote it.
slyman920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
all work

Dyslexia isn't an excuse, I'm dyslexic as hell yo. Dyslexics untie!
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

also so when you say its worth what some is willing to pay. that means the next time you post a sale we will say it is a karnivor and every one offers you 20 dollars thats what its worth then. even know you are asking a fair price we will say 120 obo. but in retrospective you paid full price of 1000 brand new. you look around and realize 2/3 of thoose people are also selling karnys for 600 dollars. so yes my piont was that people need to ask a fair price and expect a fair price in return. not $5 off what they paid for it 5-10 years or how ever long it has been.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

im not use ing it as an excuse it was just an explaination as to why there may be words missing or maybe even sentences missing. in my mind i type them and when i read it there not there and when i proof read some thing make complete sense to me which to most its just non-sense.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyman920 View Post
also so when you say its worth what some is willing to pay. that means the next time you post a sale we will say it is a karnivor and every one offers you 20 dollars thats what its worth then. even know you are asking a fair price we will say 120 obo. but in retrospective you paid full price of 1000 brand new. you look around and realize 2/3 of thoose people are also selling karnys for 600 dollars. so yes my piont was that people need to ask a fair price and expect a fair price in return. not $5 off what they paid for it 5-10 years or how ever long it has been.
That is true if that is the only person who is willing to buy. But if there is another person who is willing to pay $400 for it, then it is worth $400. Thats why when u see a very rare/exclusive/limited marker that is used, often you'll see it go for original value, or sometimes even higher. People are willing to pay that amount.
In the case of someone using a marker for "200 rounds" and deciding to sell it at, lets say 90% of its original value, it is only truly worth 90% of its original if someone is willing to pay that much. If people are only willing to pay 60% of its original value, then that is its value.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 04-18-2013 at 04:34 AM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyman920 View Post
You should definitely consider a career teaching economics 101.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone