mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

used paintball pricing

so i have been in the sport for near 15 years and till this day i still dont understand were people pull there prices from for instance the dye company release a gun every year they have and probably will for a long time.
well people dont realize every year when the new one comes out there is a price reduction of 100 to 150 and then the next year and so on and so forth. so if you have a for instance a 2011 rail which cost you 400-450 but the year is now 2013 and you can now buy a 2011 rail for 200-250 brand new in what aternate reality is your gun you have been shooting and playing with for 2 years still worth 250 dollars. there is something called value depreciation that means once you buy that brand new gun and shoot it from then on it is used not new. so when some one is selling something used at new cost and put something like i only put 200 balls through it that does not really matter. it is no longer new it worth about 2/3 the value at that moment you air it up and start ripping through that "200" actual 2000+ paint balls. now that is said when you add upgrades to a gun it doesnt really add to the value it in most cases take from it do to the fact you got the modifications you wanted. granted there are those times when it is done right others not so right twelve different colored pieces all over the gun does not really look good and most doesnt function right either. so really just wanted to put this out there im personally looking around and im just apauled at what people are asking for some stuff then are more than willing to turn around and tell another person no man sorry that things worthless if you do know the actual value of an item tell the person a realistic amount. and sell your used slightly or not so slightly used gear for a fair price a price you would be willing to pay.
ps. if you are not a retail store and willig to guarantee an item you can not expect to get what the paintball store is asking on new or used gear. and yes i understand there are rare or hard to come by markers and also classic and collectible ones those are not what im talking about.
slyman920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

ps. please feel free to let me know if you agree or disagree with what i said here is the thing i more than willing accept if someone can prove me wrong on this
slyman920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Honestly? If you don't like someone's price, make an offer. If they aren't interested in selling at what you consider reasonable, drive on.

People put different values on things, depending on how much it fits what they want. What you figure is a crazy price for something may be what someone else is perfectly willing to shell out for exactly what they want.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
I always base a price at market value. However if what im selling is in better condition then whats listed, i ask for more then market value. If someone doesn't agree with that then they can backspace and keep looking. I will never listen to what someone "says it is worth" because there opinions are null. As the saying goes there is always someone out there willing to pay more, And there is always someone out there looking to get something for nothing.

Welcome to MCB!!!!!

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

The way I look at it is simple (I think).

Everything is only worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it. It may be worth 250, but if people only want to pay 100 then you either take it or leave it.

Also, grammar police here lol. Spelling, punctuation and capitalizing letters helps make your posts clearer.

All the best
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I can't understand most of your post, but resale value is based on how bad people want something, not depreciation due to age.
If resale prices were based on age depreciation, a '69 Stingray would be worth $.42.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback

Last edited by maggot; 04-17-2013 at 03:31 PM.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I this thread was going to be about a new market for used paintballs.

I am disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I this thread was going to be about a new market for used paintballs.

I am disappoint.

The hard part about used paintballs is getting the fill back into the shell.

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Paintball marker resale is worse than car resale, at least for the new electro space guns.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
RUN IT ON LIQUID!!!

Honestly, when it comes right down to it the price doesn't matter what anyone thinks. The marker is worth what the buyer and seller agree upon. So if the buyer and seller agree that an Ego 6, for example, is worth 250$ then guess what, that particular Ego 6 is worth 250$.

now just because that particular ego 6 sold for $250 doesn't make all the other ego 6s worth $250. There might be a buyer and seller out there where the buyer and seller agree upon $350 then that ego was worth $350.

I've done retail for over 10 years and most of it has been in the "real steel" industry. Prices vary from store to store and if you don't like one store's price then you go to the next. It's the exact same for buying on here.

MCB Feedback
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone