mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Paintball as a Therapy for Soldiers

We were sent this amazing video on Friday to share.

We all know that paintball helps all of us with the challenges we face in life. To see it used for our veterans, to help them overcome the challenges they face in coming home is utterly amazing.

After watching this video, I strongly recommend going to Juan's channel. Link is at the end. He has one other video posted that is also amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mp3jQyTKUg
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Team Defiant works with vets in our area. They have some Action Track chairs for the less mobile vets that get to play as tanks.

I was watching the creek in front of our base on Sunday morning of our last event. I think one of the guys had as much fun driving through the 6-8 inches of water in the creek as he did playing paintball.

News

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
RLTW

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I found it helpful this past fall after coming back. I think it was more of getting back into a routine, but it was beneficial
U.S. Army All-Star Tournament Team #82

Proudly Sponsored By:
HK Army, Ninja Paintball, Forgotten Muse Media, UNDR, paintballphotography.com, Hybrid Foto, and Blenders Eyewear

Be kind and leave feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Kearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
I found it helpful this past fall after coming back. I think it was more of getting back into a routine, but it was beneficial
Not be off topic but I just wanted to say thanks for serving.

Gmore70: thanks for that vid. Really appreciate seeing that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Ugh I hate when people select for youtube to balance the vid for them.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Speaking for myself only, it's very therapeutic for me. I didn't play at all really while on Active Duty. It wasn't until I was in the WTU that I got back into it. Then I attended my first Castle game right before separating. It helps me quite a bit. Though I can't narrow down a specific reason I suspect it's a combination of several things. The camaraderie I get from playing with an awesome group of guys, the adrenaline rush, the focus I get, and maybe to a lesser extent the fear. I hate being shot, I don't have a problem admitting that, I play like there is no reset button.

Getting back into the sport has definitely helped me out.

Oh and 3:57 had me dying. "He's got the pump!"

Team Trigger Happy
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I don't have too much experience with difficulty coming back from deployment with issues, I am a fobbit. But the MWR system pushes paintball a lot as something to do with the unit and I absolutely think it works. I've played at casey and humphreys in korea and ft hood and had fun as an unit event, getting out some frustration espically for the privates.
On a side note Soldiers friendly fire A LOT, I've never been shot by accident so many times.. scary...
Dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono View Post
On a side note Soldiers friendly fire A LOT, I've never been shot by accident so many times.. scary...

Sounds like you're playing with a bunch of wise guys. That or they feel you "earned" it, lol.

Team Trigger Happy
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

I started playing while on active duty. I found it helped a lot with the stress of the job as well as team building playing with the guys. I still find playing very therapeutic as well as the time spent working on my gear.

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Though I can't narrow down a specific reason I suspect it's a combination of several things. The camaraderie I get from playing with an awesome group of guys, the adrenaline rush, the focus I get, and maybe to a lesser extent the fear. I hate being shot, I don't have a problem admitting that, I play like there is no reset button.
I feel the same, it hard to explain how it helped but it took the stress away and allowed me to recconect with civies and life in Canada (no bombs, guns, etc) with this, and found it helped me cope with returning home and gave me a outlet to keep me active and off the couch / bed.
nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone