mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Quote:
the tpx is awesome, i dont even understand how its so accurate.
+1

I had 3 one shot tags last day out w my TiPX.

Time out before that... I saw a guy (stranger in walk in game) on the other team have a gun malfunction before start of game. He said he would play and just be a runner. ..

I said take this for the game then and handed him my sidearm tpx and extra mag. Ref asked the guy to tell him how the tpx handled as he was considering one.

My team still won. .. but that guy came off the field elated shouting to the ref "you definitely want one of these! " and raving how accurate it was and how he 1 shot gogged a guy.

I carry 6 mags with me on field... mag feed is fun!

I like the stock class comment too... rate of fire doesn't matter much with 10 or less rounds... similar to stock class.. forces a more active game.
Hammer7

Last edited by Venarius; 05-15-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

From a tech point of view.
Rap4 has a tendency of having more unexplainable gremlins
We had 5 t68 just sitting in our store back room waiting for parts
With different issues that needed replacement parts and not just TLC
We waited for our parts for about a year but
This was maybe due to the fact that we're in Canada.

Tiberius are solid, Accurate and reliable blow forwards,
disassembly and reassembly Is a bit tricky but not the worst
In the Mag fed category. I've seen one come through the shop
Rusted out and almost growing moss and still fire at 280fps.
My only issue is mag price

The only milsigs I've ever worked on are the blowbacks
And I've only heard positive of the blow forward
And other than having to remove all the shrouds and accessories
( like all milsim markers )
They're a joy to fix and built like tanks

Tippmann on the other hand, in my opinion has not
Made a solid marker since the a5. And the TPX is a pain to tech.
Upsides are that mags are cheaper and rumor has it they are solid shooters.

Quite lengthy I know but I try to cover most of the basis.

Big Whoop, I'm spooning a Barrett .50 cal, I could kill... a building!!! - Sterling Archer
Feedback
T9.1 & T8 FS
Qloader, Parts & parts kits Galore FS
bob_wuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bases lol

Big Whoop, I'm spooning a Barrett .50 cal, I could kill... a building!!! - Sterling Archer
Feedback
T9.1 & T8 FS
Qloader, Parts & parts kits Galore FS
bob_wuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Quote:
And the TPX is a pain to tech.*
True that the tippy half shell design has never been easy.
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

The problem is mag fed paintball still seems to fall under the purview of "decorative paintball", at least for the full sized markers. The pistols so far seem to be OK in this department (when they're not riding around in holsters of course). Having inspected a 468, it's ... a pretty solidly built marker. But it's also very large and very heavy for what you get -- which is predominantly the "looks".

Just because I want "magfed" doesn't mean I want "realistic", "heavy", or "bulky".

A simple Automag with the DAM mag receiver basically glued to the front of it would suit me just fine.

Eventually the industry will wake up to this.

Maybe.

Then again, maybe not.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
The problem is mag fed paintball still seems to fall under the purview of "decorative paintball", at least for the full sized markers. The pistols so far seem to be OK in this department (when they're not riding around in holsters of course). Having inspected a 468, it's ... a pretty solidly built marker. But it's also very large and very heavy for what you get -- which is predominantly the "looks".

Just because I want "magfed" doesn't mean I want "realistic", "heavy", or "bulky".

A simple Automag with the DAM mag receiver basically glued to the front of it would suit me just fine.

Maybe.

Then again, maybe not.
I would add "complicated", particularly when you look at magazine catches, pushers and springs. It's not that they don't work, but for paintballs, the competition is a plastic tube.

I'm hoping some of the first strike applications will flesh out the mag fed marker business; or vice versa.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have seen several threads on the Spyder MR5 and its FS round compatible. Also comes in around 200 bucks of the shelf. Folks are modifying them with 13 ci tanks on undermounts etc...

My personal preference : if your going magfed why not play FS rounds with a rifled barrel. Accuracy is doubled.
ruraldawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruraldawgs View Post
I have seen several threads on the Spyder MR5 and its FS round compatible. Also comes in around 200 bucks of the shelf. Folks are modifying them with 13 ci tanks on undermounts etc...

My personal preference : if your going magfed why not play FS rounds with a rifled barrel. Accuracy is doubled.
Because the rifled barrels that have scored the highest so far are not readily available for many guns. Personally i like mag fed i agree they can too heavy though. But that all depends. Its also how a gun balances. Sure take a nice light marker like a mini. Slap a huge tank on it and a filled hopper and its not light anymore. Also now it has a terrible balance. Some of the mag feeda are overly complicated i agree. Some arnt though. It all depends on brand i guess.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post

Maybe.

Then again, maybe not.
Well the DYE DAM is close if you take of all the extras is basically a speedball marker with a magazine but if you just want it without the stock shrouds for-grip etc then its a bit of a waste.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Because the rifled barrels that have scored the highest so far are not readily available for many guns. Personally i like mag fed i agree they can too heavy though. But that all depends. Its also how a gun balances. Sure take a nice light marker like a mini. Slap a huge tank on it and a filled hopper and its not light anymore. Also now it has a terrible balance. Some of the mag feeda are overly complicated i agree. Some arnt though. It all depends on brand i guess.
From what i hear the SAR12 is the most accurate first strike marker they advertise it at something like 0.1 or 0.2 +/- fps though they could be lying wouldn't be the first time a company did that

and the barrel was purposely made for first strikes its also 20 inches long so the rifling should have more time to effect the first strike before it exists the barrel

but yeah if you want to get into it i would just suggest a pistol because they are cheap and they can be carried in any game as a backup.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone