mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

That particular barrel has not been tested by a third party until it has ill withhold my opinion
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

A potential problem of Mag feed is that the balls are under spring pressure to be loaded up to the bolt.

The paintballs receive pressure from the ball below, and put pressure on the ball above.

Over time, pressure in these spot leads to small 'dents' on the paintballs (where they meet each other).

This inhibits constant trajectory = worse accuracy.

If I load all my mags up early morning, whichever ones i haven't through by mid day (~3-4 hours) get shot off and restocked.

Fresh paintballs in a mag = Happier Shooter.
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venarius View Post

True that the tippy half shell design has never been easy.
That isn't even the part that frustrates me. Lol you learn to love the clamshell when you have a fleet of 50 or so to keep running when they're firing around 10000 reballs per week and countless " look at me I'm making a pow pow noise !"

Big Whoop, I'm spooning a Barrett .50 cal, I could kill... a building!!! - Sterling Archer
Feedback
T9.1 & T8 FS
Qloader, Parts & parts kits Galore FS
bob_wuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

After holding and testing a few. I just cant see myself justifying the cost and the weight. I do like the limited paint games that you can have with them. I would be down for pistol only games.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Grumpy old guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venarius View Post
A potential problem of Mag feed is that the balls are under spring pressure to be loaded up to the bolt.

The paintballs receive pressure from the ball below, and put pressure on the ball above.

Over time, pressure in these spot leads to small 'dents' on the paintballs (where they meet each other).

This inhibits constant trajectory = worse accuracy.

If I load all my mags up early morning, whichever ones i haven't through by mid day (~3-4 hours) get shot off and restocked.

Fresh paintballs in a mag = Happier Shooter.
I get what your are saying BUT I need to point out one thing. I own several mag fed markers. Rap4 T68 Gen 7, Hammer 7, T8, T8.1, MR5 (well, my son-in-law actually owns that one) and in all these cases at least, the balls are not under spring pressure until loaded in the gun. With the Rap4 and the Tiberius markers, the spring pressure activates automatically on magazine insertion, with the Spyder markers, you manually do it when you insert the mags. With the Spyder, you can have them under spring pressure when you insert them but I choose not to for the reason you point out. (First strikes are expensive...)
Flatliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Beauty is in the Silence

^^Exactly

Just take an empty mag pull the spring down, the balls are under no pressure until you insert it to play.

http://http://www.mcarterbrown.com/f...ml#post2330926
FEEDBACK ^^
PHSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
Just take an empty mag pull the spring down, the balls are under no pressure until you insert it to play.
True, the companies got smarter about it the balls aren't under pressure until in the marker in most markers today, but two things...

A) I keep my TPX loaded + ready... the balls in the mag ARE under pressure. If I don't fire that mag within a few games, I will take it out and re-load it with fresh paintballs.

B) All the Mags I have on my belt holsters tend to accumulate dirt through the day as I'm crawling around and diving on the ground...

I take them out each game and blow through them to try and get most of the dirt off the paintballs - but there is always grit on them I can't simply blow off.

This is partly a problem due to the TPX mags having the open side chamber to see through them/load them. I'm hoping the Zetamags will work better at keeping the paintballs free from dirt.

My original point was somewhat overstated, but the solution holds true...

If I haven't shot any mag after a few games, I take the balls out and re-load.

Fresh paintballs in a mag = happy shooter.
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Milsigs are quality guns for sure and I can say Doug Brown (Milsig USA) is a real good guy and a pleasure to do business with. If you're looking for Rifle style magfed you can't go wrong with a Milsig.

I'll also recommend trying out a TiPX too. Its a great cheap(er) way to dip your toes into the magfed world.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Born Again n00b

Rap4 is hosting monthly mag fed games at SC Village and looks like they will be doing it everywhere pretty soon. At SC it is only $15 entry with all day air...pretty sweet deal.

I have been thinking of getting a Hammer 7 or a MR5 to check out some mag fed games...just not sure if I want a pump (own four already) or a semi.

Would the mag fed guys not be cool with somebody showing up with a gun just running 10 round sticks to see what it is all about ?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
After holding and testing a few. I just cant see myself justifying the cost and the weight. I do like the limited paint games that you can have with them. I would be down for pistol only games.
you need to do some curls.
"bicep curls get pretty girls, big pecs get paychecks...if there is cheese on the taco, dont eat the cheese" -T.H. Hogan

my mkv is 4lbs fully loaded. if thats too heavy for you, i dont have a solution.
i understand with the extreme of 12lb milsim markers, having some difficulties snapshooting on a speedball course, but beyond that, i hate hearing any mention of marker weight. it seems the same guys that need a featherweight marker slap a 1.5lb rotor with 2lb of paint in it on top anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
Would the mag fed guys not be cool with somebody showing up with a gun just running 10 round sticks to see what it is all about ?
personally i wouldnt mind, but i dont play any sort of restricted games, i play magfed wherever. same as pump, ive never played a pump only game.
the big downside to magfed is the expensive initial cost though. but after that its like playing pump... 500 rounds lasts allll day. im amazed if i get off 100 shots in a game. (which is 4.5 seconds with my hopper fed).
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone