mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Regarding covering your butt with a simple "as is/no returns accepted", both on Ebay and on forums, I have to say that, anytime I see that (especially when it's bolded in bright red text), it automatically sets off my This Product Is Broken filter and I don't even consider buying it. Maybe it's just me being old-fashioned and all, but if a seller feels the need to make it THAT clear that under no circumstances, none whatsoever, will he accept a return on the product, then I assume it's because he knows it's effed up and is, to bring the whole thing back around, just covering his butt on a shady sale. If the product is quality and you are confident in that fact, there's no need to go all used car salesman on it with disclaimers and stipulations.

I tend to walk this path also.

MaD, don't get me wrong; in every other aspect of life, I agree the high road is the path of least resistance for a long stress free life. I truly despise hoodlum like behavior. Being a buyer 99% of the time, I don't mind paying above fair market if it's something I want, I'll play that game; but those instances brought me good products. It's the a-holes, buyers and sellers, that are in it to intentionally screw someone over that bugs the ever loving poo-poo out of me.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hates the Media

Fan of EMR
I haven't used ebay in what feels like 10 years now. Avoid at all costs. It has become the WalMart of the internet. Trash people sell up there now.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I just realized today that I haven't sold anything on Ebay since 2004. I still buy plenty of stuff, though. Pretty much only new stuff, from stores, with BIN options. I hate bidding wars.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
All hail RatFink!

I haven't been on EBAY in years, one way or the other and I'm a happier person! Back in the day, it was great, then it turned into a profit machine among other things and I moved on... MCB's buy sell has really done great by me for the few transactions I do a year.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone