mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Yea, I'm done with eBay (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/232480-yea-im-done-ebay.html)

THE PAINTBALL NINJA 04-30-2013 12:56 PM

Yea, I'm done with eBay

So, I sold an ion threaded UL barrel on ebay about a week ago and the guy received it and states that the barrel wouldn't thread into his gun, and he wants a refund. I proceeded to tell him that that the gun he has probably isn't ion threaded and I can't issue a refund. This was his reply:

Quote:

I didn't start play paintball yesterday. I know how to tight a barrel, I have over 20 markers. This one came with bad treads, and like I said,.i wasn't shure that you knew it, but defined this one did worth to keep it. It is not fir the money, just come sense. I'll send it back to you. Thanks
:huh: So, I really don't know how to respond to this, and I really don't think it's worth starting a case over $20. Either way, I'm tired of these kids ordering the wrong stuff and want me to pay for it. Guess I'll just start selling my stuff here. :p

ogti9g9 04-30-2013 01:22 PM

Wur ta mrs? Fis goy iz n idot!$@

You sold it as an ion threaded barrel, he bought its as described, did you have a return policy?

If not, tough darts for him, he screwed up by not paying attention.

If you did, try to explain what i just said that you listed it as this ( ion ) thread and he should have known if he needed otherwise because of his "experience".

I hate people like this, I feel for you.

Diomedes 04-30-2013 04:10 PM

With all the stories I've been reading lately, just makes me happy I never sell there.

aresfiend 04-30-2013 04:22 PM

I hate people like that.

On the upside, I'm interested in the barrel if you get it back ;)

Patar 04-30-2013 04:23 PM

All my paintball business is MCB exclusive really. I can't seem to put the same kind of trust in people I haven't seen around before.

volunteer paintball 04-30-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patar (Post 2697459)
All my paintball business is MCB exclusive really. I can't seem to put the same kind of trust in people I haven't seen around before.

This is me unless i come up on some kind of outrageous deal i can't pass up.

But i believe he bought it and had no clue what threading his marker was and whats you to take the hit for his mistake.

uv_halo 04-30-2013 04:37 PM

Or, he bought an ion with an autococker breach and never opended it up to find out.... Since it seems so many kids who buy ions never seem to realize that they do need periodic maintenance.

Long Beard 04-30-2013 04:46 PM

he has over 20 guns......big whoop

crazyorigin 04-30-2013 04:55 PM

I write no returns in my eBay auctions just for this reason. It is becoming very common for people to just look at pics and click buy and then when they ordered the wrong thing due to impatience and pure stupidity it is automatically the sellers fault for not saying "Are you sure, yes or no?" .

This guy does sound like pro though, and well educated. After all he didn't just start playing yesterday, he must be a grizzled veteran and they are never ever ever wrong.

MaD 04-30-2013 05:02 PM

Why are people so opposed to returns? Haven't you ever bought the wrong thing and sent it back / took it back to the store? If you don't want to deal with an occasional refund then I have to agree, just don't sell on ebay. It's a different venue and as a seller you're treated like a business. If you don't like this mentality and can't treat stupid customers in a fair and friendly manner then yes, you're better off just not selling there.

I also don't understand how you pay anything for it. You take the return based on your return policy. Mine is set to allow returns, buyer pays shipping. So they pay to ship it back. Once you receive it and issue the refund the ebay and paypal fees are reversed. You then hit the "relist" button and carry on. The only thing you're out is time.

I'll still argue that while people say that selling on forums is so much better that I've personally had a lot higher rate of "incidents" on forums (including MCB) than on ebay.