mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
"Crow"

Yea, I'm done with eBay

So, I sold an ion threaded UL barrel on ebay about a week ago and the guy received it and states that the barrel wouldn't thread into his gun, and he wants a refund. I proceeded to tell him that that the gun he has probably isn't ion threaded and I can't issue a refund. This was his reply:

Quote:
I didn't start play paintball yesterday. I know how to tight a barrel, I have over 20 markers. This one came with bad treads, and like I said,.i wasn't shure that you knew it, but defined this one did worth to keep it. It is not fir the money, just come sense. I'll send it back to you. Thanks
So, I really don't know how to respond to this, and I really don't think it's worth starting a case over $20. Either way, I'm tired of these kids ordering the wrong stuff and want me to pay for it. Guess I'll just start selling my stuff here.
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Wur ta mrs? Fis goy iz n idot!$@

You sold it as an ion threaded barrel, he bought its as described, did you have a return policy?

If not, tough darts for him, he screwed up by not paying attention.

If you did, try to explain what i just said that you listed it as this ( ion ) thread and he should have known if he needed otherwise because of his "experience".

I hate people like this, I feel for you.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nerd

With all the stories I've been reading lately, just makes me happy I never sell there.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, etc. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I hate people like that.

On the upside, I'm interested in the barrel if you get it back
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

All my paintball business is MCB exclusive really. I can't seem to put the same kind of trust in people I haven't seen around before.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
All my paintball business is MCB exclusive really. I can't seem to put the same kind of trust in people I haven't seen around before.
This is me unless i come up on some kind of outrageous deal i can't pass up.

But i believe he bought it and had no clue what threading his marker was and whats you to take the hit for his mistake.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Or, he bought an ion with an autococker breach and never opended it up to find out.... Since it seems so many kids who buy ions never seem to realize that they do need periodic maintenance.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
he has over 20 guns......big whoop

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I write no returns in my eBay auctions just for this reason. It is becoming very common for people to just look at pics and click buy and then when they ordered the wrong thing due to impatience and pure stupidity it is automatically the sellers fault for not saying "Are you sure, yes or no?" .

This guy does sound like pro though, and well educated. After all he didn't just start playing yesterday, he must be a grizzled veteran and they are never ever ever wrong.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Why are people so opposed to returns? Haven't you ever bought the wrong thing and sent it back / took it back to the store? If you don't want to deal with an occasional refund then I have to agree, just don't sell on ebay. It's a different venue and as a seller you're treated like a business. If you don't like this mentality and can't treat stupid customers in a fair and friendly manner then yes, you're better off just not selling there.

I also don't understand how you pay anything for it. You take the return based on your return policy. Mine is set to allow returns, buyer pays shipping. So they pay to ship it back. Once you receive it and issue the refund the ebay and paypal fees are reversed. You then hit the "relist" button and carry on. The only thing you're out is time.

I'll still argue that while people say that selling on forums is so much better that I've personally had a lot higher rate of "incidents" on forums (including MCB) than on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone