mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-11-2013, 02:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
One of them is an enmey.....the other is a sniper?
Ok, you've got the eNMEy, and you're very, VERY closeon the second one... But what KIND of sniper?

And Diomedes, right now I have it dialed down to only my G1, eNMEy, the unnamed pump people are trying to guess (haha, thought I might slip and give it away, didn't you?!), my trusty Zeus, and a PGP that's in pieces waiting on a K-frame and some brassmagery. Oh, and a Proton, but that's back to Valken for repairs right now. That's the fewest markers I've owned at one time in about 5 years.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

3 threads in one lol
Cups = no
Traveling paintball gear on bikes = holsters on each side for both agd sydarms
And for mistery pump I go with sheridan of sorts
Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Alright, well.... It rained, so I bitched out. I used to play in any weather, did it for years but lately, when it comes to getting overtime (3rd shifter here) or shooting at people I can't see through fogged goggles, I take overtime. So that's a bummer, but the mystery pump is my RF pre-2K sniper with CCM deluxe kit, 45 frame, and full internals.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I still have to figure out how to effectively transport all my crap on my bike. Even just the basics (gun, barrel kit, mask, tank, paint, small toolkit...etc) is a lot. Assume you use a backpack or some sort? What's your trick?
Saddlebags and minimal equipment. A backpack helps

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

At one point back in the day when my entire family played renegade ball, I felt a whole lot like Doc loading up for a day of paintball. It took the entire bed of my Ford.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
At one point back in the day when my entire family played renegade ball, I felt a whole lot like Doc loading up for a day of paintball. It took the entire bed of my Ford.
When I was a young lad with my PMI Trracer, I fit everything into a single small backpack. It was about the time I was hauling my UTG duffle/body bag/mega-paintball-haulinator filled with the kitchen sink up a steep quarter mile trail to a game that I began to think, "Do I really need to bring all of this?"

I scaled way back, but when my family comes to play too, my simplicity goes out the window and the kitchen sink seems to sneak back into my bags for some reason.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_cupcakes View Post
Wait..who plays pb with a cup?? to me they get in the way...
Here is the ultimate pro tip I learned from devilhead who used to hang out around here sometimes...

If you duct tape inside your paintball pants it will make the groin area rigid effectively making a built in cup. It works great and you don't have the discomfort of wearing a cup.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Here is the ultimate pro tip I learned from devilhead who used to hang out around here sometimes...

If you duct tape inside your paintball pants it will make the groin area rigid effectively making a built in cup. It works great and you don't have the discomfort of wearing a cup.
From wallets to prom dresses to cups, now that tape really does do it all!
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Cup= ALWAYS.
Hell Survivors has crowds, a good portion of which are over a foot shorter than me...
Their chest level=my protection tested again.

A guy actually came out to the TPX Challenge at HS with no cup on. A 50' face to face drawdown? I dropped him like a sack of potatoes...

I got this sort of cup:

then pulled off the hard plastic part(It simply tucks into slots in the soft rubber cup's edge) and threw it away. I just use the flexible inner part. It's really comfortable and I've taken hits from within 5' with no discomfort.

I've never Biked! Bear in mind that I had a driver's license before paintball began.
My playing gear has never filled more than a 50cal ammo can and a grocery bag though, I could backpack it.
Or I could just suit up and ride mask and all, depending on local statutes.

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venarius View Post
Same here. I tried them... the cup kept 'popping out' when I was contorted in weird positions in a bunker.

But, I have heard horror stories about guys who took one to the nuts up close...

So I wear a 'nut towel' or some equivelent... cloth of sorts folded over on itself multiple times, and draped over 'the goods'; hanging from my belt.
Last year a regular was running up to my bunker I snapped out over the top of the bunker shot him. I heard him crash into my bunker and start moaning. I looked over the top of the bunker and see him moaning in the fetal position. I then realized what I had done. I kept hearing paintballs hit him, I kept shouting to my teammates to stop shooting him, they couldn't hear me and they kept shooting him, thinking he was playing on. I called the ref over to stand over him. I felt terrible for shooting him there and now he primarily plays air soft.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone