mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to NoLifeLeft

It has greatly affected the used market as well. I've seen old mech Orracles in great cond. recently going for barely over $100. Great time to be an old cocker fan. Personally, I love old Black Magics.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
They are C stock guns that a desperate company is now selling for a profit because they lowered their standards.
I was just about to buy one of those $75 "Tactical Trilogy" guns on Action Village. Yes, I know they are junk, but they are the first decent looking cocker I've seen in 15 years.

But then I figured I check Ebay, and Action Village is selling new ones there as well for about $50. Yikes.

What did K2 do to kill the Cocker market?

My guess would be that by introducing the "cheap" trilogy gun, it killed the "coolness" factor?

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

They are going for even cheaper on the Action Village ebay store site if you are patient.

I got an 04 Pro Stock for $72 shipped 2 weeks ago.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I was just about to buy one of those $75 "Tactical Trilogy" guns on Action Village. Yes, I know they are junk, but they are the first decent looking cocker I've seen in 15 years.

But then I figured I check Ebay, and Action Village is selling new ones there as well for about $50. Yikes.

What did K2 do to kill the Cocker market?

My guess would be that by introducing the "cheap" trilogy gun, it killed the "coolness" factor?

nick
The cheap electro market is what really killed the 'cocker. The bringer of doom, so to speak, was the intimidator if you ask me. The first GOOD electro pneumatic that didn't require a home-equity line to purchase and maintain. Add in the fact that electro-pneumatic markers are basically a requirement in the world of tournaments these days, and the fact that everything in woods ball is becoming commercially pushed mil-sim, and Bud Orr's mechanical masterpiece no longer has any real place. If he had put more effort into teaming up with RACEguns, Sandridge and the F-5 Project, or the guys who developed the MQ valve, then perhaps the technology to keep the 'cocker going would have come out in time to do so, but in the end, it all seemed to be perfected after the death blow was dealt. I'll give Orr one thing, he sold our to K2 right on time. People who dealt exclusively in autococker products, on the other hand, have suffered greatly. KAPP anyone?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

The reason the "old style" cockers are selling so cheap is that WGP/K2 is clearing out all their old stock in preparation for the new line to be released in November: The Autococker SR, some Ego-looking high end and the electro blowback Synergy. The Trilogies will remain in the line I believe but the Autococker that has been around since the Sniper is no longer. It is a great time to be an Autococker fan. I picked up a bunch for just a little investment.

The bad thing is that cockers as we know and love are going away. The good thing is that the massive sales of all kinds of Autocockers has really pushed them back into the paintball worlds' conciousness. It's a bit of a rebirth in the middle of the death of the line. I think the demand for upgrades and replacement parts from the multitude of new users will revitalize the Autococker aftermarket. Since many folks are buying WGP markers now, they are becoming more popular and I really think that the new line of WGP markers will get off to a nice start.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlecain View Post
I bought a super stock for the SF frame and it has so much trigger bounce i am parting out the whole gun. i was disapointed in the frame.
Did you give it a chance? They are bouncy when dry-firing and total bounce machines when in demo mode but when you load them up with paint and shoot it the way Bud intended, they don't bounce at all. If they do, a little trigger adjustment fixes it right up. I put a tank of air through my new BM dryfiring and demo'ing at the house and was scared I'd get thrown off the field due the bounce-fest but once I loaded it up with paint, I couldn't get it to bounce at all during normal play.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
To the Space Olympics!

the SF frame i have bounces either way. I tryed lowering the LPR, adjusting the trigger, and just about every other combo of pressure to spring tention ect i could come up with to lower the recoil and it still bounced. (I was just not impressed) I debated getting the board flashed but desided to sell it instead. it could be different for other people as well. I have read mixed reviews. I am also building a cocker and was going to use the frame untill i realised it didnt have any adjustments.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
aaronlecain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
The good thing is that the massive sales of all kinds of Autocockers has really pushed them back into the paintball worlds' conciousness. It's a bit of a rebirth in the middle of the death of the line.
It had the same effect for Rainmakers when ActionVillage clearanced there entire stock for $99.

They were dead long before that, but suddenly there was interest again, and new products, and beog.org was very active.

The negative was that it also killed the used gun market, as the value dropped suddenly.

So probobly the same thing for "old style" cockers. Look at the actionvillage website. Most of there "Top 10" sellers are the clearanced cockers.
Same thing will probobly happen: TONS of new cocker owners, with a brief sudden vogue, but the market itself will be crippled by super low values.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
It had the same effect for Rainmakers when ActionVillage clearanced there entire stock for $99.

They were dead long before that, but suddenly there was interest again, and new products, and beog.org was very active.

The negative was that it also killed the used gun market, as the value dropped suddenly.

So probobly the same thing for "old style" cockers. Look at the actionvillage website. Most of there "Top 10" sellers are the clearanced cockers.
Same thing will probobly happen: TONS of new cocker owners, with a brief sudden vogue, but the market itself will be crippled by super low values.

nick
Agreed. The nice thing is that cockers have been around a long time and are generally durable markers so one you buy today should still be serviceable for years to come. I just hope the rise in popularity of them will kick the aftermarket into gear.

As far as values go...You'll never see $2000 for a cocker again unless it's a serious collector's marker sold to a serious collector. But at the current prices, I think if you buy some now and hang onto them for a couple years, you will be able to recover your investment or even make a couple bucks. This is uncharted territory for cockers and it'll take a year or two to see how it all turns out. I'm just glad I sold my Freeflow back in '01 when it was still worth something.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I don't know how the cockers ever took off in the first place. Lets face it, in the mid nineties it was a $400 gun that didn't work well out of the box. Sick amounts of money had to be spent to make them nice, reliable shooters. I was very disapointed when I upgraded from my Tippmann Pro-Am to Bud Orr's Autococker.

On the other hand, I now own six and continue to haunt ebay for deals on old cockers.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone