mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The biggest issue I see is the size of the battery. It limits how small you could make the hopper. I would like to see a redly available Rechargeable lithium ion battery that can extend the battery life of the halo motor setup. I have some very small batteries I use with my Mini 3D helicopters that put out more power and hold a charge longer then 6 AAs that I buy out of China for $5 a piece. However I don't know much about voltage and all that jazz to see if its posable to get them to work. They are 1" square and about a 1/4" thick. This would allow you so make the hopper 1/2 its current size and cut the profile down tremendously at the same time extend its battery life and cut the weight. The area ware the battery sits can be relocated increasing capacity while decreasing size, possibly sloping the front similar to the rotor.

Thoughts?

I have some home projects going on I need to complete first, but I may pick up a 3D printer before they become illegal like everything else in NY. They look to be quite expensive for one that will print in ABS tho. Maybe if I print enough I could sell them to pay for my printer.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 05-18-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
because frankly the flow rate of balls into the feedgate is too slow with the long sloped short design. I toyed with that idea, and it just doesnt make sense.
But if you were to use this on a pump or a mechanical semi then flow rate really wouldn't be a big deal. If I were to even use the smooshed style on my g6r I wouldn't be unloading a hopper in one motion either defeats the point of having a limited paint setup.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
But if you were to use this on a pump or a mechanical semi then flow rate really wouldn't be a big deal. If I were to even use the smooshed style on my g6r I wouldn't be unloading a hopper in one motion either defeats the point of having a limited paint setup.
exactly

using a limited paint hopper like this, you want FORCE feed to 100% a ball in the breech

you want to know you can get 8-10 shots off without any flaws

capacity is important, but guaranteeing a ball in the breech is more so, but not 8 seconds into 12.5 ramping... thats not why you use this

you use this for a short snap battle, you use this for a run through, not gun up off the break from back center
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
This is extremely promising, though that profile is much too tall for my taste.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
the problem is that while YOU may not be unloading a hopper, others may, and frankly this is the same profile as a halo b, just a sliced design, im sure if you but the two next to eachother they would be nearly identical.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
This is pretty cool, more so from the print it yourself standpoint. If I heard correctly the files will be released to the public so hopefully people will be able to tweak the final shape and capacity while leaving the more critical measurements alone. If one does print the shells, how durable are the available materials?
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
This is pretty cool, more so from the print it yourself standpoint. If I heard correctly the files will be released to the public so hopefully people will be able to tweak the final shape and capacity while leaving the more critical measurements alone. If one does print the shells, how durable are the available materials?
It already is released to the public.

Its not directly editable, but you can chop it up and modify it with modeling software. its a dead object so its not paremeterized for easy editing.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
the problem is that while YOU may not be unloading a hopper, others may, and frankly this is the same profile as a halo b, just a sliced design, im sure if you but the two next to eachother they would be nearly identical.
"To each his own" yes I know but why would you buy a low cap, low profile hopper if you are just gonna be dumping a whole hopper in less then 8 seconds? Why would you use a low cap hopper? I would use it so I didn't have such a large hopper on my gun and to lower my gun profile. If this hopper and a regular halo shell are identical from the front, profile wise, why even use it? This is all my opinion take it as you will.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
Old 05-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
This is all my opinion take it as you will.
In all honesty shake and bakes work just fine for pumps imo. a sweet cheap 9v sport shot might make my gear bag for a while - but I got a hunch it would just end up collecting dust.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
In all honesty shake and bakes work just fine for pumps imo. a sweet cheap 9v sport shot might make my gear bag for a while - but I got a hunch it would just end up collecting dust.
Really the only reason I want a force feed 100 round loader is for a limited paint semi setup. All my pumps are stockclass anyways. I like to bring the g6r or everyone once in a while against the rec players but I also like to keep it light.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone