mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #101 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
and there's nothing wrong with that, but the player in the video identified himself as his first, second, third, forth, and fifth reactions...
They were definately confused but I can still clearly hear a hit call and more firing.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #102 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
They were definately confused but I can still clearly hear a hit call and more firing.
yea, and trying to get back into the game by convincing himself and everyone around him it was friendly fire
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #103 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
The thing tho, is that hit does not mean out. Based on Free Enterprise's explanation, it seems that hit is equivalent to being immobilized, not being able to move or shoot, but can be medic'd back into the fight. Im guessing that in the case of a regular player, if he is hit, shooting him up further (regardless of a headshot) will not cause him to be out. This is a different case however for medics. If a medic is hit, if u shoot him again, but in the head, he will then be out. While though it was a tricky situation and FE shouldve mayb handled the dialog a lil better, the extra shots were well justified.

IMO, as a headshot out only type player, the medic should've expected a few more shots when he called hit. I think he simply forgot about the hit=/=out rules and his mindset was still in a regular game type when he reacted.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #104 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
If he was a medic then why didn't he turn and light him up, why bother with the hit call at all? Also if he knew he was a medic why hesitate between shots? If it was a quicker action or there was retaliation, I'd completely agree but there wasn't. There was more than enough time between shots for the players to open fire. By the looks of it if I remember correctly the player was looking down before shot again, like he was looking for a barrel bag. Even with the nutty medic rule it would only require a touch to get him back in the game and live.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #105 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
If he was a medic then why didn't he turn and light him up, why bother with the hit call at all? Also if he knew he was a medic why hesitate between shots? If it was a quicker action or there was retaliation, I'd completely agree but there wasn't. There was more than enough time between shots for the players to open fire. By the looks of it if I remember correctly the player was looking down before shot again, like he was looking for a barrel bag. Even with the nutty medic rule it would only require a touch to get him back in the game and live.

Quote:
If he was a medic then why didn't he turn and light him up, why bother with the hit call at all?
Again, Hit means that you cant move or cant shoot, but you can be medic'd back in and then resume moving and shooting. If you are "out" then you cannot be medic'd back in and must go back to spawn to get back in. Usually when u get hit, its impulse to call your own hit to let others around you know so they know your "status". Sort of how in some games, when u get tagged back in, you have to yell "back in". But in this case, i dont remember the fella yelling hit. Sorry i cant remember.

Quote:
Also if he knew he was a medic why hesitate between shots? If it was a quicker action or there was retaliation, I'd completely agree but there wasn't. There was more than enough time between shots for the players to open fire.
hmmmm i cant really answer that. The vid was pulled and i dont particularly remember that part. Mayb he was looking to see if he made a head shot? Again, i shouldnt be comment on this question as i dont really have anything basis.

Quote:
By the looks of it if I remember correctly the player was looking down before shot again, like he was looking for a barrel bag.
Again, i really cant comment, but it is the possibility he was checking for paint, or he really was looking for a barrel bag. Its impossible to truly know.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone