mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrane2028 View Post
Guy hit me on the first ball, but he already had eight more in the air by the time the first one hit. While unpleasant and avoidable, I don't necessarily think malice is part of the equation. Of course, every incident is its own.
This is exactly why I believe that people who fail to exhibit trigger control in the first few games should be asked to leave a group of renters/limited experience players.

A lot of the issues I see aren't so much egos, but lack of trigger control. A few years ago when I got back in the sport, egos were more of a problem with the larger amount of media that paintball got. Now that everything seems to be backing off from the tourney scene, it's more about people not knowing how to control their trigger finger.

I've been lit up numerous times. 9 times out of 10, its by accident. The dude apologizes afterwards, no harm done. Offhand, I know of one guy I met the last time I played who never, ever, fires more than 3 times unless he's going heads up against a speedballer. He has a nice Axe setup, and I give the dude a lot of respect for keeping it in line.

The only time I have ever lost control is when I repeatedly got shot (at one time standing talking to the ref) when I was out by the same guy. My buddy all the way back in the parking lot (several hundred yards away) heard me shouting at the guy and thought he was going to have to come restrain me. I am not proud of that day, but if the dude learned trigger control, the whole situation could be avoided.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
all work

I think you should upload the video. By revealing this incident you may be able to prevent this guy and other players from future embarrassment or even injury.

I think you handled it well aside from shooting the douchebag in the head after he called himself out. You may as well have slapped him. The rest seemed ok but I'll have to wait for the video to be sure.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #43 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

So this video was just posted on Techpb, and the guy who made it gave a bunch of reasons why he continued to shoot at these guys after they were obviously out...

I have seen this done before at LL, but this just screams unsafe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z6tAeQ26Hg

Here is his post.

[quote name='Doyle' timestamp='1369278756' post='3220843']

Not sure what the girl with Panda hat was thinking, she hit the slap stick multiple times when we already had it, giving it to enemy. I think she got ejected though, you'll notice in the video she comes back with the ref's mask

after the one stoppage Damien Ryan was in a very very bad spot. You can hear people letting him know they intend on shooting him right when we restart in the video.

To all the haters who say I over shot these people...
1) It was their choice to run up the hill
2) I wasn't the only one shooting them
3) Once the balls are in the air you cannot stop them
4) they keep running, so I keep shooting

If they didn't like it they shouldn't try to hit the slap sticks.When you're playing in a battle with 1,800 people you should expect to get shot alot

If you're at Living Legends 7, and you want to shoot a bunch of people up close, play in the final battle and get up on the hill. Its totally worth it

I had much much more footage but a lot of it was hard to view due to excessive amounts of spray on gopro, so I editted it down
[/quote]

So we know that less than 50% of players wear a cup, and clearly if you run for the flags, you are going to be shot for as long as you are visible... Even after you are clearly out... but, evidently that is OK because;

I wonder how many players have been injured from this type of play?

Why is this acceptable behavior in paintball?
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

So we know that less than 50% of players wear a cup, and clearly if you run for the flags, you are going to be shot for as long as you are visible... Even after you are clearly out... but, evidently that is OK because;

I wonder how many players have been injured from this type of play?

Why is this acceptable behavior in paintball?

Because we slowly let it be. I hate people like this. Attitude is "Oh its part of the game, suck it up."

No. It's not part of the game. You're making something that shouldn't be part of the game the norm, thus giving it a bad name. People wonder why paintball has been shrinking..its because of dudes like this.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
Because we slowly let it be. I hate people like this. Attitude is "Oh its part of the game, suck it up."

No. It's not part of the game. You're making something that shouldn't be part of the game the norm, thus giving it a bad name. People wonder why paintball has been shrinking..its because of dudes like this.
It is a part of BIG GAMES. Things get crazy, people get overshot. It happens when you have 1000+ people on the field. I use a pump for rec play and try to one ball people as often as possible. I teach the younger rec players with electros to play on semi and shoot less on a snap so everyone gets to have a good time without being overshot. Now when I hit the field for a big game with dozens of people shooting at me, you bet I have my electro on 12 BPS ramp and hose. Big games are not the same as rec play.
mastercoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #46 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercoo View Post
Big games are not the same as rec play.
They could be.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercoo View Post
Big games are not the same as rec play.
I will be taking my daughter with me to a few paintball games this year. They may be pump and pistol days at Hell's Survivors depending on how the weekends fall. They may be at the local field. They will not be big games. They most certainly will not be tournaments.

The point is I have to be careful where I bring people to play with me because the behavior is often so far out of hand and one or two jerks can really destroy a field.

And we are willing to dismiss it? Do you wonder why paintball cannot grow if new players have to be sheltered or simply avoid it?
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #48 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
They could be.
This... over shooting is over shooting. It only takes 1 shot to get a player out. Regardless of what type of gun your shooting. The player in the video didn't need to spray off so many rounds. Everyone was running straight up to the post. It was an easy one shot deal. One shot from every other player that was guarding, equals many shots. Many players ramping on someone going for the post equals over kill. Learn to control your fingers people!
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #49 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumLive999 View Post
This... over shooting is over shooting. It only takes 1 shot to get a player out. Regardless of what type of gun your shooting. The player in the video didn't need to spray off so many rounds. Everyone was running straight up to the post. It was an easy one shot deal. One shot from every other player that was guarding, equals many shots. Many players ramping on someone going for the post equals over kill. Learn to control your fingers people!
I often make what appear to be very suicidal runs against groups. My general expectations are to get shot and generally its several shots before I react. My hand goes up and marker down and I attempt to "veer off". I still expect to get shot for about five seconds after my hand is in the air due to reaction times and paint in the air. After that is ridiculous.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I often make what appear to be very suicidal runs against groups. My general expectations are to get shot and generally its several shots before I react. My hand goes up and marker down and I attempt to "veer off". I still expect to get shot for about five seconds after my hand is in the air due to reaction times and paint in the air. After that is ridiculous.
Yeah I'm the same way. But in his video he has a clear shot at the opponents entire body. Plus he keeps shooting after the guy is down on the ground. Not necessary.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone