mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #61 (permalink)

I hope the second situation you reported was mentioned, that's some of the worst sportsmanship I've heard of. The first situation I wouldn't worry about it/post it even if he hadn't apologized.

Finally I've only play at one truly big game (Supergame) though I've attended it for 5+ years and every time during orientation Dan Bronebrake (the organizer) always warns people about the risk of going for the flag and getting overshot, especially in the last Saturday objective. In my opinion as long you're duly warned and still go for it then it's acceptable in the same situation as artguy63 mentioned. Part of the issue in big games that exacerbates the issue is a bunch of people running at the same time.
xxerexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
It generally doesn't work that way, these types of people are irrational when they are in a rage.
The point is that he was not in a rage after the first shot. Reread the post, he didn't get upset until he was shot for the second time time. If I didn't think friendly fire put me out and I was sure it was my team mate that was shooting me I might yell at him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Do people realize big games started to become more popular as speedball waned? Perhaps making them more and more like speedball tournaments in regards to what is acceptable should not be a goal.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
The point is that he was not in a rage after the first shot. Reread the post, he didn't get upset until he was shot for the second time time. If I didn't think friendly fire put me out and I was sure it was my team mate that was shooting me I might yell at him too.
If your are hit you call yourself out and leave the field, you don't stand there and make a scene. You don't "play on" and yell at the other players. When you are hit with a break it is your duty to immediately call yourself out REGARDLESS of who you think shot you.

When I get hit by a teammate I will call myself out and yell "watch the friendly fire" as I walk off.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #65 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Extreme expense? Compared to what? I understand that paintball is not free but it is in line with many other hobby activities.
Yes and no...

Paintball costs accrue not only in one time equipment expense costs (think $500-$1500 all included) but also a DAILY cost (field entry + air + ammo =~$50-90 per day)...

In contrast I only had to pay $600 once for my Kayak, another $200 for Paddle, but past that, days + years cruising the river are free...

Paintball at $50-90 a day... That is up there with a day at Six Flags, a day Skiing in Vermont, or nice dinner-date with your Lady...

Paintball is anything but inexpensive. Its not prohibitively so... as I can still find the $ to play a game I love... but I can understand why my friends don't have the $$ to come play a day...
Hammer7

Last edited by Venarius; 05-23-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #66 (permalink)
Christian Baller

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
Not if they get shot in the temple. If that's all a paintball can do, then surely you wouldn't mind if I overshot you ten times? It'll just leave a welt. It's not so much the actual pain. It's the experience. Getting shot once and getting out sure its alright...get the guy the next time. Get shot fifteen times? I wouldn't want to play with the guy again if it was my first time.

I completely agree. Tourney sure expect to get shot just because of the rate of fire. Big game is questionable for me because while I understand its a large group, if its one ball from everyone ok. If its twenty from just one its wrong.
I didnt say that it wouldn't hurt. Most mask these days should be covering the temple, if you have a mask that does not cover important areas like that I would suggest buying a different one that does.
AnimalX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalX View Post
I didnt say that it wouldn't hurt. Most mask these days should be covering the temple, if you have a mask that does not cover important areas like that I would suggest buying a different one that does.
This is a sincere question that is not just for you (and it is off topic): I've always wondered how many 300fps hits over a specified period of time are masks rated for? I'm sure masks deform and rebound somewhat with a single hit, but do they (or more specifically the lenses) accumulate enough deformation/energy to structurally weaken with a sustained stream of paintballs?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #68 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Getting overshot because one or more of those hundred are douchehat agglets who won't let off their trigger until even after you're on the ground bleeding is an entirely different concept, and one that should not be tolerated.
Ive often wondered at what point overshooting becomes aggravated assault and the police should be called and the offender jailed and sentenced - and then sued in civil court for punitive damage... the game needs a precedence.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Ive often wondered at what point overshooting becomes aggravated assault and the police should be called and the offender jailed and sentenced - and then sued in civil court for punitive damage... the game needs a precedence.
Once this happens the game will die. Every tournament and big game would shut down because no insurance would ever cover them and fields would likely not be able to afford insurance if this happens.
mastercoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #70 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

The guy in the video I linked a few pages ago, is saying that what he did is EXPECTED at LL, and everyone is totally OK with it.

And he is a member here too...

You should read his responses on techpb, and pbnation (both in the video sections).

Unreal...

And I agree, I would bet any lawyer could easily win a aggravated assault case for the actions on video at 3:55...

CPX Living Legends 6 final battle POV 2013 - YouTube

You just don't put 15+ balls into the rear end of a guy laying in the fetal position with a ref trying to cover him while trying to wave off fire.

I am curious what Living legends management has to say about that video... Or this guys sponsors...

As he is still saying this is totally NORMAL play at LL final battle... And anyone who has a problem with it needs to go play video games, cuz that is what they do at LL.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone