mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't have to pay for a custom run of paint. It's more a matter of matching fill color than ball color. As long as the field ownership knows you're willing to chrono at the same speed as .68 cal, they'll usually let you do it, just on the chance they can watch you get shot up.

Hell Survivors was from my understanding interested in a test run in field paint colors of the first strikes, but there's so little room in the mix it can only come in pastel colors.

It cracks me up that there's more paint in a 50 than a first strike.

I and others with TiPX pistols that shoot first strikes can exhibit the same accuracy with them as anyone with a longer barrel, so why carry all that rifleness?

Rob

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

You could always slap some pneumatics on a pgp and redo the two top tubes in .50 cal right? Add spring feed, need a new bolt too, but its not like anything flows through an old pgp bolt anyways, so it wouldn't be TOO hard to turn one down on a lathe or whatever..

Nerd out and make it look like something out of firefly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
My Hands Shake

The 50cal pistols could hold more paint per magazine than a standard 68cal. I see great benefit for pistols in this sense. Not to mention the range pistols are most useful at are the ranges 50cal performs well. Only reason this hasn't come about is as Doc said, It's a very limited market.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post

Instead someone could spend 8 months to make an m16a2 just like mine that had a scuff on the grip and a rattly sling mount....... and get the rattle JUST right!

Rob
hehehehehehe
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Melvin, I'm waiting in line for an airsmith to make just that. The firefly(Mal's) Pistol can be made to take the TiPX valve and reg backwards into a cup and then join with the breech and magazine well in the front using the two big screws that run through it. I have 4rd first strike tipx mags that will fit in the bottom of the 'mag' seen on the pistol. 12g in grip. For the nerds in the audience, I'm using the pistol from the movie serenity instead:

That's what I'm saying! The world needs another AR paintball gun like a hammer to the thumb. There's so much else!

Why no UZI? Why no Sten? Why no Scorpion? Why no anything when 1,000's of supposedly artistic people are going to spend even more hours making another version of the same old thing?

My personal opinion why is the same as it's been since the beginning. It doesn't matter if a market is big or small. CCM saw a big market for single shot cartridge fed bolt action rifles? Really?? NO.
What matters is what the people who make them play with. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that machinists always end up making guns that oddly enough fit their style...

In the case of Tiberius, from my understanding, they were forced at paintgunpoint to produce the pistol, which started out as part of a thesis.

The person who says "Well that Rob's an idiot, but making a 50cal pistol is easy, I'll try it!" Had better get all the sleep they can before the pictures hit the web.

EDIT: To clarify, it is my position that Doc is Flat Guessing, as no reliable data exists for the size of a market that doesn't get measured. Given the size of Tippmann's pistol biz and Tiberius' biz alone, I would bet alot of money he's guessing flat wrong too.
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 05-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
boo
Banned

I agree that they need more paintball pistol options. Being able to run and gun without a hopper is a much more fun way to play.

That being said I don't know if non standard caliber is the answer. I realize its a limiting factor in the amount you can carry on a clip but you can make well balanced pistols with longer clips. The gun you posted would be another prefect platform for long skinny .68 single file clips.

And the milsim community would be lining up for a chance to own either of these designs.

The biggest issue I see is nobody has made a reliable drive system for the magazines, I think it would need to employ a shaft driven gearset. Springs that just push directly on the ball just don't seem to work well in longer lengths and I'd guess the same would hold true with any caliber paintball size.

Also someone needs to make a minature hpa system, like a small narrow hot swappable hpa tank that runs the length of the marker or takes up the grip cavity. Since all fields give free bottle fills you could carry a few per game and fill them up at the next game. Like 10ci would probably be enough.

Somebody needs to reinnovate the platform.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

My firefly pistols will be 68. Standard TiPX internally.

The firefly pistol is a handcannon. Smaller pistols could be made 1:1 using 50.

I agree a reservoir is overdue, that's why I made one for my TiPX:

The technology for everything you want is on the shelf. Ready to go.

All we need is someone to put it together.

Rob

Old 05-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
EDIT: To clarify, it is my position that Doc is Flat Guessing, as no reliable data exists for the size of a market that doesn't get measured. Given the size of Tippmann's pistol biz and Tiberius' biz alone, I would bet alot of money he's guessing flat wrong too.
Rob
I mean this in a much nicer way than I can say it. I can spend some time trying to be nice but it will obscure the meaning.

If you have that much faith in what is needed, that much vision of the market, that much vision and are willing to bet a lot of money why are you not leading the charge? You have the design aspect there, could likely hire out some R+D, and have machine shops produce the product for you. You already are pushing for the market - marketting is not that much different.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

You do know that Nelson paint company has been making .50 for the last 20 yrs. They make various colors.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

It would be cool to own a exact replica of a real pistol... (to go with my HK MP7 licenced TM7!) but I'd still want it to shoot .68 cal.

I don't feel like adding smaller paint into the mix.
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone