mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
If it's used at a field where I'm incharge of the chronoing, it WILL have a beaver tail. Totally needed, seen a thumbed cocking rod jump velocity 100 fps.
You know they can stick their thumb in between the beavertail and the cocking rod, right?...
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Quote:
If it's used at a field where I'm incharge of the chronoing, it WILL have a beaver tail. Totally needed, seen a thumbed cocking rod jump velocity 100 fps.
Yeah the beaver trail isn't to prevent players from thumbing the cocking rod. It's too protect the mask from getting slapped by the back block. If you have that rule, you guys should require every full sized cocker to have a cage over the cocking rod like the old Bob longs back in the early 90's
Nicodemus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
You know they can stick their thumb in between the beavertail and the cocking rod, right?...
True, but its much more awkward and noticeable. The better designed beaver tails even more so.

NOT to protect your mask ( though it does that as well), its original purpose has always been an anti cheating device.

To quote Warpig...
WARPIG - World And Regional Paintball Information Guide
"Beaver Tail - "An anti-cheating device, the beaver tail is designed to make it hard for a player to boost their velocity by pressing on the cocking rod of an Autococker.""

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
True, but its much more awkward and noticeable. The better designed beaver tails even more so.

NOT to protect your mask ( though it does that as well), its original purpose has always been an anti cheating device.

To quote Warpig...
WARPIG - World And Regional Paintball Information Guide
"Beaver Tail - "An anti-cheating device, the beaver tail is designed to make it hard for a player to boost their velocity by pressing on the cocking rod of an Autococker.""
I've only screwed around with thumbing a cocking rod so I wouldn't know how noticable it is ingame, but I'd think it would be just as noticable either way, unless they're pushing with their whole hand like they would an elevator button when they use the beavertail... But really, the ONLY beavertails that I've seen that prevent it are the ones that actually go around the cocking rod when it's cocked, which really aren't that abundant.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
shhhh dont tell noobs about this fancy feature that cockers have...
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Om Nom Nom

If you feel the need of cheating that bad by boosting your velocity, why not simply bring tools on the field?!? I find beavertail useful to prevent backblock from smacking your lens.
*Self_DeFenCe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
My god... you even used a 90 degree swivel macro on the AKA reg instead of a straight fitting (THE BASE IS A SWIVEL! USE IT!). I guess the sanchez mini sniper kit is hard to get though, and looks pretty decent. you should take that freaking beavertail off though... totally unecessary (and grossly mismatched in chrome)
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
This actually made me think: Does anyone ever just TIG over the hole and give it a flat finish?? There are aluminum filler rods for GTAW that are designed to work well with anodizing. Anyone here tried it?
A few people have! I've seen several between here and PBN with varying degrees of success. Matter of fact I think Doc might have done it on an old angel somewhat recently? Sometimes it works, sometimes the anno is a slightly different shade and others they're completely off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
A few people have! I've seen several between here and PBN with varying degrees of success. Matter of fact I think Doc might have done it on an old angel somewhat recently? Sometimes it works, sometimes the anno is a slightly different shade and others they're completely off.
Hmm..I might go through with the ground up sniper build and start with a drilled body just to see what happens. It would count as a "project" at school. If it comes out with a weird splotch I'll just name it Gorbachev.

I could spend the extra time finalizing my pgp memorial before I take that plunge and request something I don't really want.

I do appreciate the sincere reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

CCM Fan
So i found out some info on it that really shocked me!

Apparently its a Aftershock Gen 4 SFL cocker and was owned by chris wright! Although it is drilled it was drilled by the aftershock team tech so there seems to be a ton of history with this thing. makes me love this pump even more!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJellyFilledxX View Post
So i found out some info on it that really shocked me!

Apparently its a Aftershock Gen 4 SFL cocker
Ha! Pun.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone