mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Ever wonder what paintball in Alaska looked like?

Alaska Paintball Spring 2013 - YouTube

WARMACHINE Paintball Team
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

I didn't see one anthropomorphic creature on the field! Doc has been lying to us for years!

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:

1:A noxx or jcs bottomline stock

Some friends and I are hosting a limited paint game at Long Live Paintball on September 27th, come check it out! http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...bridge-nj.html
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Whoa, there are PEOPLE in Alaska?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Nice production. Really is.... But how is paintball in Alaska different then any other place in the world? Looked to me like every other tournament style video I've seen in the past few years...

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
I didn't see one anthropomorphic creature on the field! Doc has been lying to us for years!
-Nah, the TWB guys tend to prefer woods fields. You know, 'do bears s**t in the woods?' and all that.

Seriously though, nice video. I see Tod still needs to replace most of his netting, and maybe hire a couple squeegee bums to clean off those bunkers, but still, nice work.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

The pod pack hissyfit was interesting for YouTube immortalization. Nice video, good to see the J12 and T2 in action. Caught some nice snapshooting from the white E-vents user also.

Not much grass on the fields.

The guy smoking through the rolled up Flex 7 somewhat resembles a bear.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
I see people dress like power rangers and play paintball - really no diff then any place else. Sorry, I guess I expected more woods.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

What, exactly, were you expecting?

Many years ago, when I first got online and started interacting with other players through WARPIG's Tech Talk and PIGChat, I ran into lots of people that were (apparently) honestly astounded that Alaska wasn't actually like what they saw in the movies.

We didn't live in igloos- yes, I had people ask- and UPS didn't deliver by dogsled (it's happened, but only "out in the bush" and even then it was a rare and special-circumstance thing.)

Most thought it was pretty much winter 24-7 up here. Yeah, winters are long- pretty much six months of the year- but we DO have some of what you Lower-48'ers would call "normal" weather.

The only real differences the average Outsider will see in the summer is that it's generally cooler (55F to 70F; above that is a heat wave) and that you see mountains everywhere (if it weren't for about 300 yards of trees, I could see this from where I'm sitting. And at the field in the video, you can sorta see 'em though the haze here.)

We do play in the woods and in the winter. That video just happened to be shot in the spring, at an airball field. Anchorage also has a woodsball field, a town a little further to the north has an indoor, and down here on the Peninsula we just got a speedball-style field, with the usual pallets-and-stacks-of-tires type barricades.

Players tend to have more or less as modern equipment as you'll see in the States, and roughly the same percentages of "tourney wannabes" versus "milsim", and the usual old-school and/or pump-player holdouts.

Remarkably few dogsleds though.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
LOL doc. That wasnt what I mean by my post. I know it is not some 3rd world contry that has no means and can only play in the woods with slingshots and dog sleads.... wait now that gives me an idea
But typical airball field with power rangers which is normal. That is all i was stating, but i did expect some really awesome woodsball fields more then just speedball.

I do have friends that are from there and they miss it very much also they love to give me details about it. Funny thing though both of them loves to tell me about the large mosquito's and mosquito traps that look like bear traps. Must be some funny joke that Alaskan's have.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpaintball View Post
Funny thing though both of them loves to tell me about the large mosquito's and mosquito traps that look like bear traps. Must be some funny joke that Alaskan's have.
these.

Every southern state I lived in had the same jokes. I've heard tell of california hippie traps. Never seen one though. Probably a joint under a propped up box with a pull cord.

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:

1:A noxx or jcs bottomline stock

Some friends and I are hosting a limited paint game at Long Live Paintball on September 27th, come check it out! http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/n...bridge-nj.html
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone