mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #131 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I'm not looking to "have it both ways". The people in the line of fire were in danger. The observers weren't violating any law by watching/recording. Where's the contradiction?

Regarding how to respond to a report of a potential firearm threat, I think a hello sir, do you have any firearms in the vehicle would be an excellent start. I'm sure the rest would flow naturally.
So police officers are so well trained that they never miss? Civilians are never wounded in a shoot out? If the officers are so well trained with the firearms that there is no danger presented to the crowd certainly that training also means there is no danger presented to the paintballers because of that incredible training right?

The police officers were responding to a situation that was reported to have multiple suspects with multiple firearms. The items in question look enough like a firearm that it was not some wildly imaginative claim (the OMG is that a bomb remark on the other hand...). This is not an area that is accepting of firearms - around my house most officers would have simply come up and reminded people to case them even if they were rifles.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #132 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
So police officers are so well trained that they never miss? Civilians are never wounded in a shoot out? If the officers are so well trained with the firearms that there is no danger presented to the crowd certainly that training also means there is no danger presented to the paintballers because of that incredible training
Lol yeah right. I think it was the Boston bombing where one or two of the officers were shot and wounded by their own team
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #133 (permalink)
all work

Bullets can travel pretty far and penetrate things like siding, drywall, glass, etc. People inside the stores of the plaza or their cars in the parking lot would by your definition be in danger, no need to stand on the tree-lawn for that privilige. I'll assume the training bit is as rhetorical as it is fanciful. I have no idea where that came from... I expect the people in the most danger were the actual subjects targeted.

The police over reacted. They endangered the public whom they are sworn to protect without first establishing if there was any threat. Even if Jesus came down on a ray of light and said unto them "those boys in yonder truck have an assault rifle, slay them lest they hurt my people" they still handled the situation like twelve year old children trained on Hollywood movies.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #134 (permalink)
Post Whore

My comment on the crouds idiocy is not based on police action, at all.

Let me ask you guys something. Why, when the officer was making the attempt to get the gun, was there guns drawn, officers covered by car doors, and the one approaching the truck being blocked by a moving police car?

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #135 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
they still handled the situation like twelve year old children trained on Hollywood movies.
I have a feeling that was part of the reason the whole thing seems to be a little over the top. Police knew they were in a public area and wanted to put on a bit of a show; try to get people to think they don't take these things lightly. That's my take on this video anyway.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I have a feeling that was part of the reason the whole thing seems to be a little over the top. Police knew they were in a public area and wanted to put on a bit of a show; try to get people to think they don't take these things lightly. That's my take on this video anyway.
I would be inclined to agree with you on this. They were showing real tactics in terms of how they would deal with a situation. The fact that there were so many people observing from so close tells me that they knew there was no danger, so it was a public show, spontananeously done. Had they legitimately thought that there was any danger, either one of the officers would have pealed off to push people back, or the number of officers would have been higher, to include crowd control.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #137 (permalink)
all work

If the police were merely indulging in a little political theater then this is even more shameful. I'd rather think they were sincere. Cowards or hams, either way they weren't serving the public well that day.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone