mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Why be mad at he kid for minding his own business and having an umbrella? Be pissed at the bonehead who called the cops.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
ur my sister

had a lady call in a road rage because an old man pointed a rifle at her from his car window while driving. we found the old man and all he had in his car was an old steering wheel lock "the club." she swore up and down it was a gun because she knows what a rifle looks like. people call in kids walking around with guns all the time in our county. they are usually gone before we get there and turn out to be kids walking from one friends house to the other to play airsoft. people don't know that you can shoot gun in our county as long as it is in a safe manor. missouri has always been an open carry state but since no one does it, when someone does carry out in the open, people freak out.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
Why be mad at he kid for minding his own business and having an umbrella? Be pissed at the bonehead who called the cops.
This.

If a kid wants a katana umbrella, lightsaber umbrella, or what have you it's all-****ing-right as long as it doesn't look like a high powered rifle. They should also not be pissed because the idiot didn't call about a sword but about a high powered rifle.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

People get the government supervision they deserve, eh.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
The kid wasn't supposed to have it in the dorms to begin with and my roommate missed an important quiz that he was not allowed to retake since classes weren't canceled. I missed a lab myself and had to make that up on Friday, which I normally didn't have classes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
If you see something, say something.

Just speak your report into the nearest telescreen.
Feedback

RIP
heinous
2006-2014
"No, I'M sorry"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

What and no one caught the lady in the background saying "its a bomb" when they pulled the paintball vest? LOL
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Project Salvo?
The video says Airsoft but when the driver is asked he says its paintball.
A Paintball Gun incident with Rcmp Police in British Columbia. Somebody called the police when they saw a male with a gun enter his truck, and you can see the outcome of casual handling of your gear in public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHJZxgs9JY
I believe that to prevent such misunderstandings, folks should not have their guns, exposed, in the passenger cabin of a vehicle. Failing that, folks shouldn't be handling their guns in the car. Personally, I keep mine in a bag and in the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
I'm sure in the US this would have been handled differently (at least I hope so). If the suspect is being cooperative and the police officer takes five seconds to inspect the gun they would have realized the situation is not serious and wouldn't have reacted like the Canadian cops. You Canucks are a little crazy about your guns laws, no offense.

It's good they had their guns drawn though since they weren't sure at the beginning if it was real or not. Overall it was handled well, but they still blew it way out of proportion when it didn't need to be.

My brother is a state trooper so I'll have to show him this and see what he thinks.
I don't know- I think it highly depends on the when and where such an incident might take place. For example, in an area that recently had a shooting or, an area where the majority are fearful of guns. Often, it's the fear of a potential incident that drives folks to call the police.

Quote:
I have never heard of any story where someone calls the cops saying someone had a gun and it was really a gun...
Lots of time and money wasted for nothing.
Really? Look up 'open carry' on YouTube: 198,000 video results, the vast majority of which are the result of someone openly carrying a gun (i.e. a slung rifle, or a openly holstered pistol) in places where they have the right to, someone getting scared and calling the cops, cops often improperly handling the situation (compromising the rights of the individual in order to allay the fears of the caller).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Last edited by uv_halo; 06-04-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: meant to say 'trunk' and not 'car'
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Oh the squirrelly woman with the red rolling suitcase, who was most likely the woman who called it in?

Nope didn't see her.

As for the kid at the college. That's just your professors being dicks. Whether he was supposed to have it or not, its not his fault your teachers should've had better judgement.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
People need to mind their own business.
Agreed.

Reading the title I was expecting to read something about some perv diddling himself in public.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone