mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
This happened at my college 2 years ago. Someone was walking with one of those katana umbrellas (since there was a huge chance of rain that day) and one of the bus drivers for the shuttles around campus called the cops because he thought it was a- and i quote - "high powered hunting rifle".
you crazy gaijins ruin everything
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I believe that to prevent such misunderstandings, folks should not have their guns, exposed, in the passenger cabin of a vehicle. Failing that, folks shouldn't be handling their guns in the car. Personally, I keep mine in a bag and in the trunk.

I don't know- I think it highly depends on the when and where such an incident might take place. For example, in an area that recently had a shooting or, an area where the majority are fearful of guns. Often, it's the fear of a potential incident that drives folks to call the police.

Really? Look up 'open carry' on YouTube: 198,000 video results, the vast majority of which are the result of someone openly carrying a gun (i.e. a slung rifle, or a openly holstered pistol) in places where they have the right to, someone getting scared and calling the cops, cops often improperly handling the situation (compromising the rights of the individual in order to allay the fears of the caller).
I meant I've never been watching the news and have a report "person A called the police because person B has a high powered rifle/gun/sword in their truck" and have it be just that. I live in MA. It's a totally different world here.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but you hear about dopes turning in innocent people far more.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I wonder if the kids got their paintball stuff back. Its not like its a crime to have it. Mind you these kids shouldnt be holding them while driving around. All my stuff has its own case to sit in. Although when I walk to my car it probibly looks like Im getting ready to go to the shooting range or arm a small army.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G010H3R0 View Post
I wonder if the kids got their paintball stuff back. Its not like its a crime to have it. Mind you these kids shouldnt be holding them while driving around. All my stuff has its own case to sit in. Although when I walk to my car it probibly looks like Im getting ready to go to the shooting range or arm a small army.
you mean i SHOULDN'T try to fix my gun on my way to the field?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

People are freaked out these days. Use caution in public, but sometimes you can't prevent things like this due to complete paranoia.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had an officer pull me over for a broken headlight.
I was driving to the paintball field and had a 2001 Automag with a t2w stock and a red dot laid out next to me on the seat..
he asked politely if it was a paintball gun.
I answered no its a paintball marker lol
he then asked if he could see it so I handed it over and he started sighting down the road with it and waiving it around ....
talked about paintball for a bit then let me on my way
technically paintball saved me from a ticket
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

For all we know, the kid might have just made a Kiiji purchase. I'd assume most people aren't doing home invites to make such transactions. Can noone see a situation where their guns might be exposed to passersby? Without that information, I'll even give the kid that benifit of the doubt.
I like the way the paintball gun was displayed as it was carried back to the police car, as if to let everyone know that the police have not wasted their time.

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
For all we know, the kid might have just made a Kiiji purchase. I'd assume most people aren't doing home invites to make such transactions. Can noone see a situation where their guns might be exposed to passersby? Without that information, I'll even give the kid that benifit of the doubt.
I like the way the paintball gun was displayed as it was carried back to the police car, as if to let everyone know that the police have not wasted their time.
looked like they were headed to or from a field. One of the kids had a pair of paintball pants on.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
If you see something, say something.

Just speak your report into the nearest telescreen.

Axel, you have been fined three credits for profanity.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you mean i SHOULDN'T try to fix my gun on my way to the field?
well to be fair I like to sight my pistols in, out the window, while waiting at stops lights as people pass me by. I mean how else am I suppose to keep my target acquisition skills up.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone