mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Reasons not to be casual when handling your gear in public. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/234917-reasons-not-casual-when-handling-your-gear-public.html)

DashHopes 06-04-2013 10:30 PM

Reasons not to be casual when handling your gear in public.

Project Salvo?
The video says Airsoft but when the driver is asked he says its paintball.
A Paintball Gun incident with Rcmp Police in British Columbia. Somebody called the police when they saw a male with a gun enter his truck, and you can see the outcome of casual handling of your gear in public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHJZxgs9JY

tlane77 06-04-2013 10:44 PM

People need to mind their own business.

danssoslow 06-04-2013 10:45 PM

Do you know the final outcome of this?

RusskiX 06-04-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssoslow (Post 2725797)
Do you know the final outcome of this?

Or more importantly in my mind, documentation of the actions that precipitated the event...

B3ARC1AW 06-04-2013 10:52 PM

I'm sure in the US this would have been handled differently (at least I hope so). If the suspect is being cooperative and the police officer takes five seconds to inspect the gun they would have realized the situation is not serious and wouldn't have reacted like the Canadian cops. You Canucks are a little crazy about your guns laws, no offense.

It's good they had their guns drawn though since they weren't sure at the beginning if it was real or not. Overall it was handled well, but they still blew it way out of proportion when it didn't need to be.

My brother is a state trooper so I'll have to show him this and see what he thinks.

JaKaL 06-04-2013 10:59 PM

Yeah, I've been pulled over with paintball guns in the back seat. All it takes is an "I've got paintball markers in the back seat, officer." This looks out of control to me. Look at all those damn people...

tlane77 06-04-2013 11:10 PM

I have never heard of any story where someone calls the cops saying someone had a gun and it was really a gun.

Two years ago, I think, guy walking around the mall. Some dip**** calls the cops saying that someone is walking around with a samurai sword across his back. SWAT teams, cops, evacuation, etc they tear the mall apart looking for him.

The "suspect" walked out of the mall going about his business. He goes back to work where he sees the news and all the hoopla. Says to himself " holy crap that's me". Goes back to the mall and turns himself in.

It was an umbrella. If I remember correctly it wasn't one of those that looks like an actual samurai sword.

Lots of time and money wasted for nothing.

Frizzle Fry 06-04-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlane77 (Post 2725819)
I have never heard of any story where someone calls the cops saying someone had a gun and it was really a gun.

Two years ago, I think, guy walking around the mall. Some dip**** calls the cops saying that someone is walking around with a samurai sword across his back. SWAT teams, cops, evacuation, etc they tear the mall apart looking for him.

The "suspect" walked out of the mall going about his business. He goes back to work where he sees the news and all the hoopla. Says to himself " holy crap that's me". Goes back to the mall and turns himself in.

It was an umbrella. If I remember correctly it wasn't one of those that looks like an actual samurai sword.

LOL I was at the mall that day, in Burlington. The best part was that people reported a man with a "rifle"... Only in Massachusetts would someone be so out of touch as to mistake a sword for a rifle, let alone an umbrella that vaguely resembles like a sword.

tlane77 06-04-2013 11:21 PM

Bingo!!!

Dr. VonDeafingson 06-04-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlane77 (Post 2725819)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 2725827)
LOL I was at the mall that day, in Burlington. The best part was that people reported a man with a "rifle"... Only in Massachusetts would someone be so out of touch as to mistake a sword for a rifle, let alone an umbrella that vaguely resembles like a sword.

This happened at my college 2 years ago. Someone was walking with one of those katana umbrellas (since there was a huge chance of rain that day) and one of the bus drivers for the shuttles around campus called the cops because he thought it was a- and i quote - "high powered hunting rifle".

Needless to say, a lot of professors canceled classes that day. The idiot kid didn't get in any trouble but the cops took his umbrella and a lot of kids were pissed at him because they missed class due to the dorm lock-down that occurred.

I always bag my guns and keep em in the trunk. ESPECIALLY my KP.