mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock Class Rec Baller

Does anyone use a VL Revy on their "modern" marker?

Anyone out there rock a ViewLoader Revolution on your higher-end electronic marker? And does it work out well for you?
Trading for a Dangerous Power G5 and getting a 12v (w/ X-Board) with it. I haven't used one in yeeaars, can't recall how fast they are. But I plan on setting the ROF to 10.5 and semi.
MCB +24/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
They've worked pretty well for me in the past, but I keep losing lids on the things for whatever reason, so I have none I can use at present. You should have no problem at 10.5 bps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I think 10.5 is supposed to be within the X-Board's capability. I do not, however, own one, and so this nothing but hearsay and rumor. Give it a try and let us know if the rumors are true.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Higher feed neck will help keep 10.5

I've used my 9v revvy on my vibe Shoots good at 10 semi but a 9v doesn't keep up a solid stream
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I have done it before, I would rather use a force fed hopper. If its what ya got, then use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've used them on ep (if that's what you mean by "modern") with good results. 10.5 should be fine but then again uncapped should theoretically be fine. The g5's eyes should only let it fire as as fast as it's being fed.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

DO NOT DEAL WITH eXotiC1nE!!
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You can pick up Vlocities that will work much better than the revi for as cheap as $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Radical!

Last time i used a 12v revvy w/ x-board was on a spyder e-99. Kept up with that, and those advertised 13 bps on semi; however, i don't think i ever shot that fast, and probably still don't. I don't have fast fingers... not outside the bedroom, anyway. *ba-dum tsh*

Later on, i used an Empire Reloader II, which was just a sound-activated revvy (not to be confused with the Reloader B). Used that on a stock Ion mostly, and it did the trick.

The Reloader II shells were destroyed by a bunker shot w/ a hot gun (recball game, my bro-in-law was using the ion + hopper). Just recently transferred its guts into an old 9v Revvy's shells and took it for a test ride on a Gog Enmey a couple weeks ago, since i could outshoot the 9v revvy itself. The hybrid agitator worked oh so fine.

tl;dr - 12v revvy w/ x-board should match up very well with 10.5 bps max, in my experience.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Revvys can handle 14bps with an Xboard and good batteries... Most tourneys/fields are capped at 12.5bps or lower, therefore it can meet any reasonable demand for feed rate on the field. Gentler on paint than a HALO or a Rotor, too...
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I use one on my Ego sometimes. Hasn't given me a problem but then I'm not ramping wth it. 10.5 should be fine.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone