mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Biggest I get is .685...which is big enough for me, smallest rollout I've seen is .680
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
ton up boy

We now get the GI sports 5 star, and they are the bomb. .689 and consistent shape.
Also PMI evil was about 687 last weekend.

I have Marballizer in the closet, that I had to put nailpolish to a 679 insert. So I only shoot that with my phantom cause it rolls through detents. But it sure is fragile and accurate.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #23 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I tried a case of Nelson, I think it was Hotshot. By far the worst paint I have ever shot. I know it's their cheapest grade but I would have been better off not having any paint at all.

My first game on the run off the tape I had balls break in every pod in my pack and in my hopper. My Prophecy turned into a paint mixer. Probably 1 out of 4 balls just split at the seam.

I usually run Valken and will continue to until I can find a better grade of Nelson to try.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

Paint is so subjective to local conditions. The recent consensus is that most everyone here is digging the chinaball that valken is putting out. This is good paint in bad areas for paint because of how they pack it. I give them props for going to such measures to finally bring over a quality ball from overseas.

The sealed bag with the dehumidifying packet in the crush proof box keeps this paint fresher longer and keeps it consistent to itself in very warm and humid environments. It also helps for the guys who buy a case and plan to shoot that case over the next month to a year.

Rps paint is great by me because it is fresh and stored chilled at my local field so it is normally very consistent and it is never really small. We just switched to marbs and they have shot great, though once the weather got warmer all of a sudden the end of the pallet didn't shoot as well, but that is because the bags are not sealed and dehumidified.

Valken found a Foothold in the market now because field owners don't seem to be keeping stock as fresh as they should, and people who play in the hot humid south or cold north benefit from the packaging of valken when the fields don't dump their paint pallets fast enough.

Normally whichever distributor your closest to is going to have the best paint unless your local shop or field sits on stale paint. If that's the case valken is for you.

From playing in national tourneys you see the huge difference between the fresh ultra evil and the redemption. There is no comparison between them when they are right out of the truck, the redemption was just bouncy crap and the ultra evil was always money. Now a month later that ultra evil was shooting like the redemption from the same tourney.

I give non sealed paint a shelf life of 2 weeks where it shoots absolutely great. I see a difference when you have it around the month mark. After a few months its junk compared to fresh stuff. The valken paint seems to shoot like the month old unsealed stuff for close to a year.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u

Last edited by Paintballer50505; 06-11-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gun Whore

Send a message via AIM to cerby

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I recently started shooting the Dye CG paint and it is really good. It has nice sealed bags which keep it fresh for longer and they also have a nice base so they stand up. The size is some of the most consistent paint I have shot to date and I have shot most paint brands. Breaks pretty easy, not as easy as ultra evil but it is still good. The shell is also a dark blue color which makes it harder for the opponent to see. All around it is really great paint.
cerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Largest in NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer50505 View Post
Paint is so subjective to local conditions. The recent consensus is that most everyone here is digging the chinaball that valken is putting out. This is good paint in bad areas for paint because of how they pack it. I give them props for going to such measures to finally bring over a quality ball from overseas.

The sealed bag with the dehumidifying packet in the crush proof box keeps this paint fresher longer and keeps it consistent to itself in very warm and humid environments. It also helps for the guys who buy a case and plan to shoot that case over the next month to a year.

Rps paint is great by me because it is fresh and stored chilled at my local field so it is normally very consistent and it is never really small. We just switched to marbs and they have shot great, though once the weather got warmer all of a sudden the end of the pallet didn't shoot as well, but that is because the bags are not sealed and dehumidified.

Valken found a Foothold in the market now because field owners don't seem to be keeping stock as fresh as they should, and people who play in the hot humid south or cold north benefit from the packaging of valken when the fields don't dump their paint pallets fast enough.

Normally whichever distributor your closest to is going to have the best paint unless your local shop or field sits on stale paint. If that's the case valken is for you.

From playing in national tourneys you see the huge difference between the fresh ultra evil and the redemption. There is no comparison between them when they are right out of the truck, the redemption was just bouncy crap and the ultra evil was always money. Now a month later that ultra evil was shooting like the redemption from the same tourney.

I give non sealed paint a shelf life of 2 weeks where it shoots absolutely great. I see a difference when you have it around the month mark. After a few months its junk compared to fresh stuff. The valken paint seems to shoot like the month old unsealed stuff for close to a year.
THIS^

We as a field switched to Field Marbs this season. At first we almost switched back to premium as it was breaking in barrels, wasn't round, and just inconsistent. As the season has progressed it's been MUCH better. Consistent, round, shoots straight, no breaks in guns, breaks on players, no complaints.
Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

One of our local fields just got a custom made marbalizer. I was impressed with it when I shot it last month as far as being able to hit what I was aiming at with one shot. And I have about 1,500 left, so I will be shooting more of it in the future. Not sure about breakability on other players, as it seemed like I had to shoot a lot at them before they called out... Course, at a large scenario, that is often the case as guys don't want to be out... I think it was $50 case.

By far the best paint I have ever shot I picked up last fall, Draxxus xps, that was in a "field" box, but with a large sticker that said "Factory seconds". I got it for $35 a case... Man, did it shoot amazing...

Here is what it looked like.

As was said above, paint varies too much box to box for me to be a specific "brand" guy. I check each box before I buy, and pass on probably 9 out of 10 boxes that I look at... I've shot enough bad paint that I would rather wait until I find some good stuff before playing. It being transported in a hot truck will kill any paint, so looking at each box before you buy is critical.

I don't mic my paint, but I usually carry my barrel into the store to check if it fits well (rolls about halfway through before stopping, and can easily be blown out).

I also have used xball scenario with lots of success, but it is camo, so hard to see on video... (it is $39 a case at Dick's).
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone