mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Memphis Paintball

I'm going to Memphis in July and I'm trying to find some places to play. It'd have to be on a Friday or Saturday. If anyone could recommend a good place to play, that would be great. Thanks.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Unless things have changed, then you have Memphis Paintball and another place in Mississippi called Cedar Farm (CHF Paintball | Cedar Hill Farm | Weddings & Receptions) about an hour or so out of Memphis. Memphis Paintball is my old stomping grounds and not a bad place. It is now a part of EZ Paintball, and I want to say owned by Eric Zorn or his son David Zorn and managed by David Zorn. Last time I was there was 2005, which was right before I moved from Memphis. When I was there it was an FPO field, but I think that may have changed or it is byop on certain days. With the original owners it was $90 a case of RPS Premium but Eric had since reduce the price of the paint to something more reasonable. We used to have some great one-day scenarios at Memphis Paintball.

As for Cedar Farm, it was cheaper to play Cedar Farm than Memphis Paintball, but I felt very unsafe at Cedar Farm. A single chrono station and NO one there to verify that people are shooting at a safe velocity. I was with a private group for Cedar Farm, and the ref with the group was extremely lazy. The ref would start the game, sit on the sidelines and then end it. NO paint check, no safety briefing, no mask WARNING; NOTHING. I spoke up when people flipped their mask up SEVERAL times and even mentioned to the Ref to do this. The ref gave me the evil eye. Well after that I had enough and went to management and told them to send that ref home. I will ref my group. I would rather work as a ref for free so my group could have a good fun time than someone loose an eye or get freaking hurt. As I ran my group, then sent me another ref who was just slightly better, at least he was willing to go do paint checks. I have since vowed to NEVER give Cedar Farm my money ever again.

Good luck, pirhana92, and have fun.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks! I was checking out the first one you listed and it looks promising. Just kind of expensive.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

For the longest time Memphis Paintball was the only game in town, and even now I suspect that they still have the lion's share of the paintball business.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Zenmic pretty much has it covered, I will say CHF wasn't too bad when I last played there about 3 years ago.
Memphis paintball park is closer to Memphis proper, both field and and Erics proshop near Bartlett. CHF wasn't to far away, I seem to remember about 40 minutes from downtown Memphis down to MS, not as straight forward to get to though.
Last time I played at MPP it was FPO with one or two BYOP days on the weekend Sunday I think. Field paint was expensive.

There is another member here that lived near Memphis and played a MPP, name escapes me at the moment, may be able to give more recent advice, I moved from there to Australia about 18 months ago.

*edit* keep and eye on CL there as well, some stuff does actually pop up there.
dcroenne is the name I member I was thinking of, no idea if he still around those parts.

Last edited by moonweasel; 06-20-2013 at 07:21 AM.
moonweasel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone