mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #101 (permalink)
*Gunslinger/Writer*

Send a message via Skype™ to PistolBrennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
not sure how true any of the article is
The article is completely true - I have documents from him to support everything I stated. **Just saying**
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #102 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
so do you know what the guy committed to do? or are u just wagging the dog?
personally for this field/game/person.. No.. i dont know what he commited to..

(although I can speak from personal first hand experience dealing with some of the bigger games in the industry and having worked at the field that runs some of them that if this field was even set up a fraction of the way other scenarios are run its a pretty good bet that very similar things are expected from the command staff..)

But with that said, un named person bailed on their role entirely.. if you tell someone youre going to be there and you cant be there.. dont agree to BEING THERE!.. step aside and let a new leader take the role..

Plain and simple.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #103 (permalink)
*Gunslinger/Writer*

Send a message via Skype™ to PistolBrennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteweasel View Post
" So Iím left to wonder why he committed to this event if he was so far behind. Why not pass? I donít know the answer because as of Friday morning he had unfriended me on Facebook and sent a text asking me to delete his number. Perhaps he was ashamed of his decision?"

This bit in the report, If I'm assuming correctly the writer must have told him to get off his butt and AA didn't like it?

Also, an article taking AA to the mill because he was a no show at a game, by someone who considered him a friend? Its all a bit harsh.

Is this thread a discussion about an article on Generals in paintball or is it a witch hunt, sorry... just asking?

** the article was NOT a witch hunt. Simply put - he let everyone involved down, but mostly the players - with lousy excuses! Anyone who knows me; knows I am all about the players. Anyone who would like to discuss this further - feel free to PM me. Thanks :-)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolBrennan View Post
The article is completely true - I have documents from him to support everything I stated. **Just saying**
its just a formality to add "not sure how true ect"

we all know EVERYTHING on the interwebs is..

but in all honesty, it sucks if this all all true.. he hasnt given his side here, I personally am not judging him as a person but it reflects bad to his " followers" and potential fans if this is the kinda of thing that starts to become pattern.

------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #105 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolBrennan View Post
Well it must all be true then...

Your article was poorly written. You make claims of proof that you do not present. All we have to go on is your word. You make claims of obligation that are at best subjective and disputed previously in this very thread. Support your claims with more than outrage and vitriol if you wish to be persuasive.

MA is a soft target. We've seen the sort of heckling aimed at him on these very forums time and again. If the General in question were someone else like say, Mr Hastings or Mr Tippmann not only would there be no diatribe but nobody would even question the weak excuse. So yes, this is a witch-hunt.

I"m sure your disappointed that your internet hero let you down. It's a sad day for akimbo assassin fans. I'll pour two on the curb(one in each hand) if it helps.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #106 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I'll pour two on the curb(one in each hand) if it helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW68goC4_es

Feedback..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Proud member of the GUNMEN WRECKING CREW
Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
If the General in question were someone else like say, Mr Hastings or Mr Tippmann not only would there be no diatribe but nobody would even question the weak excuse. So yes, this is a witch-hunt.

Somehow I think that is just a tad bit of a stretch...

the person in question ,although known in pb is far from being THAT well known..

If it were "Mr Hastings" or Mr Tippmann" who were supposed to be the command staff

A.. They would have come through,they understand their rep and dont want to tarnish it Im sure..especially over something as " I dont want to get a speeding ticket"

B.. If they couldnt be there they wouldnt agree to be there..if they did im sure we could imagine the excuse would have been better...like their dog ate the directions to the field.

C..If they did bail for a seemingly bs reason such as fear of speeding ticket or dog eating the directions I would imagine the article/s would far surpass the one little internet posting and forum debate.. their roles in the pb community are at a much higher standard considering they are making money of the pb community being happy enough to buy their products...

I will agree slightly that seeing how this a friend or ex friend this whole article could be perceived as a bit of a witch hunt..

but then again why does it?
its pb news (one sense or another), it effected a field,a game,players who were counting on un named person to be there for any number of reasons...
letting people know what happens where and how in the community is his right.. freedom of press/expression/speech or whatever you care to classify it as..

back in 2002 when a few stories hit the internet or pb mags about Jeremy Salm of Avalanche cheating at world cup was that a witch hunt also? (just an example of no matter the size of the story its still a story..

I think youre focusing a little to much on the fact it was an ex/friend..

the story is a seemingly a bit biased , again it sucks to hear it is a possibility though as the un named person is known in the community

It would be interesting to hear his side of what happend.. un fortunately though even with his side there is always three sides to any story..

his,this guys and the truth.. at this point it would almost seem reasonable to ask him here to defend himself....without ANYONE jumping on anyone elses ****.. (although we know that will be impossible because everyone wants to be the interweb tough guy.. )

anything short of actually having a reasonable and calm discussion about it maybe a mod should just shut this thread down ..the story is out there,mission accomplished for the op..

bickering over someone elses intentions with someone other then the person who did or didnt do something is pointless and serves no purpose

------
Old 06-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #108 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

First scenario I went to, the general for my team didn't show. (Ben Tippmann). Turns out his wife was pregnant, and he didn't want to be away from her that weekend (I wouldn't either...) But, why did he say he would be there that weekend?... He knew she was pregnant all along...

Because people would show up to see him. (That is one of the reasons I went).

Did I cry about it? Nope, this is the first time I have ever mentioned it, because,we are playing a GAME. Things happen, and family comes first. Someone else stepped up that day, and the game went on. Lots of fun was had.

The past few weeks have been very enlightening as to the character of many of the public faces of our sport. Everyone is willing and ready to throw who ever under the bus. Which is especially sad when there is NO money in this sport and we all are playing as a HOBBY.

Drama like this is bad for the sport. I will always say that, and I will always call out this type of bad behavior, as it is on the level of getting hit, and wiping it off. If you have a problem with someone, MAN UP and go talk to them about it. Don't take your assumptions and go public before you have a chance to talk to that person man to man.

Do I know what happened, nope. Do I care. Nope. The issue is writing articles when you clearly have an axe to grind without doing the right thing and TALKING to the person involved to get their side of the story.

But, I did learn something from all this. I will never travel to a big event to play paintball. As I could care less to see any of these people involved, or play a GAME with people just looking for the next person for them to take down a notch. Way too much drama, and for what? What is gained by publicly slamming Antonio, or Necro in a written article?... Do you know their personal story? Do you know what they are going through in their life?...

I don't know anyone other than my small crew in the sport of paintball. I don't even know Antonio or Necro other than my online interaction with them. But, I do know what I see that many of you put out there including them.

Many clearly feel this sport isn't about having fun, but creating drama, and cutting others "down to size". It is pathetic, childish, and I have seen in before in other sports I was involved in.

Everytime certain people in a hobby like this sees someone they think isn't to "their" level, and yet is getting some perceived accolade, they feel they need to tear them down... They look for anything they can use against them, and they hold on to it, while their jealousy builds. It is sad, petty and childish, and it is no wonder companies don't want to pay any of the people involved...

You guys need to grow up, if your involvement in the sport is so soured if ONE player doesn't show up for a game, then seriously, you need to rethink why you are playing in the first place.

It clearly isn't for fun.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #109 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
..You guys need to grow up, if your involvement in the sport is so soured if ONE player doesn't show up for a game, then seriously, you need to rethink why you are playing in the first place....It clearly isn't for fun.
yup.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #110 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
You guys need to grow up, if your involvement in the sport is so soured if ONE player doesn't show up for a game, then seriously, you need to rethink why you are playing in the first place.

It clearly isn't for fun.
I just went through this thread and honestly don't know who your calling out. In fact the clearest post about someone being soured on their involvement in the sport came from your same post...

Quote:
But, I did learn something from all this. I will never travel to a big event to play paintball. As I could care less to see any of these people involved, or play a GAME with people just looking for the next person for them to take down a notch. .
Seems to me you are creating as much drama here as anyone.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone