mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

Again if it is not a competition why bother keeping score?
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Read the article, wasn't at the event. That said, it seems there's a pretty good lack of maturity coming from both sides of the story.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

i don't know if it's just the ones i go to but the scores are always so badly kept anyway
Old 06-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i don't know if it's just the ones i go to but the scores are always so badly kept anyway
That's the truth. I've been to many where the scores were so lopsided the staff fudged the scores to make them seem a lot closer than they were.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Millennium Paintball Productions - Rules in our scenario games

MPP Games Official Game Rules

Important to Remember: Scenario Games are not competitions. They are plays in which we are all cast members. Have fun with the concept, play hard, play to win, play fair, and most of all, enjoy yourself. These rules will help you play and enjoy the game. Please familiarize yourself with them and have fun.
Read the rules and they are very similar to other rules I have read. Sounds like they are competitions to me.

That said I do have fun at scenario events. I enjoy the comradery while at the events. I am also there to shoot as many players from the other side as I can before they shoot me out. If I can keep the other side focused on me and/or take a few of them out so the mission runners can do their thing I feel like I am doing my job. I enjoy the trigger time and I feel like I am not held back participating in a scenario as opposed to playing walk-on.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualreviews View Post
LOL i love how my name is thrown in this.
It was in the article, so i'm trying to defend you.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
did you read the ford article?

and is this is the field's attempt to promote their events

BattlegroundZ.net Attleboro Massachusetts PaintBall Airsoft Lazer Tag Arcade

thats pretty ... non-existant.
Wrong website:
Battlegroundz
Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #38 (permalink)
all work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowHunter View Post
I never said it wasn't fun. I am just saying scenario games are a higher level of competition than your garden variety walk-on. It is fine if all you care about is having fun. Just know who belongs where. Not all competition happens on the inflatable courses. Scenario paintball is a competition. Why bother keeping score if it isn't?

If you think everything can be puppy dogs and rainbows in at a scenario event then you are quite mistaken. Feelings may get hurt, people may get shot in the head, and you stand a good chance of getting hit a couple more times two seconds after you call out because the guy shooting at you keeps going until he hears "Hit."

Really I think scenario paintball provides an area of competition for the player(s) that have no desire to battle it out on the inflatables. Some people thrive for competition and others are fine with playing amongst their friends.
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
LOL It does seem that way eh?

BTW from 'whom who shall NOT be named' facebook page seems the field owner posted this

Quote:
I've stayed out of this until now. As the field owner, I offered you gas money and a hotel. I spoke with you on the phone Friday night, only after You decided to cancel. You asked me about lodging, and I said I would take care of you, but if you didn't want to come, that was up to you. Then you hung up the phone on me. Don't go around acting like I "flaked out" and went back on what I said! You sir, are the one who backed out. If you truly cared for your fans or the growth of this sport, you would have held up your end of the bargain! Remember, this is a small industry and you do others wrong and it will stay with you.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
all work

I guess I'd better get my **** together now in case I get famous and have fans down the line.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone