mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Question for Invert Mini owners

So my brother (who just got into paintball) wants an electro and is leaning towards a lightly used V3 Invert Mini. I've heard almost nothing but good things, with one horror story that seems to come up over and over. People keep telling me they got their tanks stuck in the minis ASA and had a nightmare of a time removing it. I'm wondering if anyone here (who knows what they are doing) had the same problem or if it's user error. If anyone has had the problem I'm wondering how they fixed it (without an empire relay of NDZ tank on/off because my brothers budget is super low).

He's also looking at the used G4 with tech T bolt system, and the only reason i'd even consider pushing him that way is the on/off ASA coming stock, purely because of my concerns about the minis ASA. This is not a vs thread, I'm just looking to have my fears either validated or debunked about the tank sticking into the ASA. I've shot tons of minis, but never owned one.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Minis do have an ASA sticking issue. What tank are you using on it, are the tank threads brass, steel, aluminum or an alloy? If they are brass, steel or alloys you should be okay and not have any issues. Aluminum threads are where the issue usually crops up.

You could switch out to the Relay, that would be the best option, or pick up the NDZ on/off. The other option would be to simply apply a small amount of grease(DOW33, ie. Sleek, Pus, MonkeyPoo) to the threads on the tank. Just enough to ease the removal of the tank and prevent any material binding. If you use lubrication remember to periodically check the tank and make sure it isn't loosening up.

Between the Mini and the G4 I'd recommend the Mini. I've worked as a tech and have run a paintball field for years, almost all issues I've seen with the Mini platform come from neglect or user error. A great portion of DP issues that I've seen arise from defects/poor QC. I had a player bring a G3 out, he had received it in the mail that morning, took the plastic wrap off at the field, put a 9 volt in, gassed it up and the gun had a massive leak. I provided a rental and advised him to return the gun and buy something else.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
Use an lp out put tank on the mini. That would help with that sticking issue as well as some lube or oil on the tank threads
Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I never really had a problem with the tank getting stuck, it did get a little tight when the tank was still under pressure.
Chack an NDZ on/off, then down the road get a relay.
Or just look out for a mini with one already on it.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have a v3 that I love. add a relay and you will be pretty set for some casual rec ball.
mastercoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've never had an issue with my Mini. But I am normally very cautious when screwing on my tanks with all my markers. I also put a drop of oil on the threads every time I put on a tank.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've also found that if you dry fire it while removing the tank it gets a hell of a lot easier too.

Never really had a problem with mine.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I never had much of an issue with mine for the little bit I used them. I did add relays to both of them just to avoid the issue in the future. I also like the option to turn the air off to minimize the accidental discharge into the barrel bag if the gun is still on.

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I've never had a problem with mine. I have an LP crossfire reg; I think the threads must come pre-lubed.

Only problem I've had was the solenoid dying, which is pretty common, but Empire customer service sent me a replacement with very little hassle. Even if you buy a used one they will likely support it.

On the other hand, my brother just got a new G3, and while he hasn't played with it yet we had a lot of fun burning off some extra air and paint in the backyard. I don't think either will be a mistake.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
I've also found that if you dry fire it while removing the tank it gets a hell of a lot easier too.

Never really had a problem with mine.
I find this works with everything, but I had to ask anyway. And as always, I got great answers, thanks everyone.

I just grabbed a V3 mini (in a nice olive gloss) and got myself a vmax to try out as part of the deal (great price, couldn't resist lol).

I'm gunna try and grab a relay, because I do like having on/offs on the markers I deal with, but he's been using my enemy with stock ASA anyway, so he's used to an annoying ASA.

I love my threshold, and was going to grab a g3-4 and just throw a techT bolt on it and have it be more or less the same marker (same board, noid and bolt/valve system). But it'll be much more fun getting to see if all the hype about the mini holds up (I expect it to honestly, because I just want a marker that shoots). Either way, I get to use my Enemy in games again so I'm happy.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone