mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ghetto Tippmann 68 special/SMG?

Would it be possible to make a Ghetto style Tippmann SMG style gun using a 68 special with some sort of palmer style spring feed sticking out the left side Sten gun style? It'd have to have some stopper for the plunger pushing the paintballs forward so it wouldn't go into the breech I'd guess but please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of too many reasons why this wouldn't work. Any input appreciated.
Thanks,
Chickun
PS and sorry if this should go in the custom guns/ideas forums?
Chickun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Of course. Your only limit is your imagination.

Off the top of my head, you could do this:
1- Add a pin to the slot in the sear to make it full/auto.
2- widen the breach access port to make it big enough for a .68 paintball to fit through.
3- Block the feedport to prevent paintballs from moving up the feed.

Those are the easy parts.

Then just fabricate a spring-loaded magazine. 20-guage shotgun magazine springs work PERFECT for paintballs. I would suggesting using a .75" tube, using the spring, then fabricate a box around that. You could probobly fabricate the entire magazine assembly using off-the-shelf plumbing supply parts.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
For gits and shiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Then just fabricate a spring-loaded magazine. 20-guage shotgun magazine springs work PERFECT for paintballs. I would suggesting using a .75" tube, using the spring, then fabricate a box around that. You could probobly fabricate the entire magazine assembly using off-the-shelf plumbing supply parts.

nick
The man speaks the truth, 3/4 inch copper pipe is perfect for paintball feed systems, and the 3/4 inch elbows will fit over *most* common male feednecks.

I'd tried making a spring feed a while back, but couldn't track down a good spring. So, now I need to find the nearest gun shop to grab one of these shotty springs.

The nice thing about copper piping is that the 3/4 inch stuch is big enough that you can accomodate larger and smaller paintballs but not so large that they bunch up or jam on you.
hank_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Toast

CCM Fan
Electro trigger to get up the rate of fire, Qloader on the side. Closest I can think of getting to a SMG's rate of fire and capacity.

Zero
Zeroack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

shouldn't need to electro it to get the SMG's rof, considering that the first 68 specials were SMG's with a chopped front, and a new trigger plate (or was it sear) put in. By adding a pin to the trigger, you can simulate the SMG trigger, allowing full auto every time you pull the trigger.

If you can find someone with an SMG that will let you copy the actual trigger mechanism, that would be preferable.

-Chachi
aka Wildcard
1MG
Chachi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I remember SMG68 owners used to swap in SMG60 sears to get the full/auto, but its actually much easier then you think.

The difference between the 2 sears was that the hole in the middle was round for the SMG60, and oval shaped for the SMG68/68-Special.

So the late guns have a gap that allows the sear to "slide" and reset itself after each shot, making it semiauto. For full-auto, you just need to shove something into that slot to prevent the sear from sliding.

Here is the slot:

Shove something in, like a pin, or screw, or bolt, etc. I've used a piece of solder before. Thats it.

Then rig up the spring-loaded magazine mentioned above, and your done.

You can make this select-fire by drilling a hole into the side of the trigger frame, and inserting the pin externally. This will allow you to select full or semi auto.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroack View Post
Electro trigger to get up the rate of fire, Qloader on the side. Closest I can think of getting to a SMG's rate of fire and capacity.

Zero
SMG capacity was 15 rounds, if you were fresh off.

Qloader holds 100 or so...
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone