mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Yeah, it wasn't obvious in that video, but I did air off my marker before I walked into their base. I was all in, either get him, or get shot. As an a-5 doesn't hold a charge once you remove the air source so it couldn't fire once the remote coil was removed.

But, I should have done a better job pointing that out in the video, as I'm sure lots of players thought I walked in with a "live" marker, which isn't a safe thing to promote! I put that video out the day after the event... So I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked editing.

That is one of the reasons I started putting cg on my videos, so viewers would know what was going on better.

Once I had some time I put this one together, which does a better job of showing what went on in a lot more action packed style. But one of my sponsors didn't want to promote it for the same reason you mentioned...

Which I totally understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-80_HBMJXtM

This year I carried a spare short barrel in my pocket, in case the same situation presented itself...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I think I heard you de-gas the marker. I thought it was all done up to snuff as you were just letting him know "a few more minutes and you were mine!" Nice job.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

The look on the general's face was absolutely priceless. Seemed like he was so surprised he didn't really know what to do or where to go.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaL View Post
The look on the general's face was absolutely priceless. Seemed like he was so surprised he didn't really know what to do or where to go.
Yeah! He was shocked!

Best part was, before the game started last year, I went over and introduced myself, and told him this was my first time paying to play paintball, and my first scenario, and I was going to get HIM out that day!

He almost died laughing, and called his buddies over to laugh as well.

That is why he looked like that, when he realized it was me!

hahaha!

He won this year, as I tried my best to get him again, and didn't quite get him...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Nice sneak through the woods, its an awesome experience when you get inside of where most players think hostiles 'can't be', they never look to the sides and are not paying attention to anything until they get 'near the front line'. But yeah, a sense of time is also needed, to know when to just say, 'screw it' and make that final break b/c there is only a few minutes left, i usually try to have some form of time keeping device handy so i can periodically check the time if i think its getting close.

Was happy to see you you did it legit that time as opposed to the slightly less kosher method of basically dead-man-walking into their base, then walking INTO the netted safe zone with no barrel plug and pointing the gun AT ppl with NO MASKS. (ref should have penalized you for that offense, as it was a purposeful move). Regardless of air source on/off, most fields don't like markers with rounds in the chamber anywhere near any place where a player might not have a mask, regarless of if the air source is turned 'off' or not. I would also stop touting that whole move as it encourages players to shoot suspected dead ppl before being able to truly confirm their status. Sadly, if i ever do play with you again, i will be shooting everyone who appears to be dead, just b/c you seem to encourage players to act dead to get the advantage. Only one way to be sure with that play style is to shoot first, ask later. Unfortunate, but there it is.

But you cover alot of the good pointers in that vid. Luck has a LOT to do with it as well. Not a fan of Blip, but didn't have a choice as you didn't have this anywhere obvious on YouTube.

Last edited by panhead4411; 07-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I figured this would be a good place to ask, since many of you have WAY more experience playing paintball than I do...

So, here you go. Sometimes I enjoy hitting local scenarios and playing on my own, no team, no backup, just me against the other team. I hunt for high value targets, and see just how close I can get to their general before they get me, or I get him! Over the years I have picked up a bunch of tips and tricks, and I wanted to put them into a format where new players could easily see what I was talking about in actual game footage. So I made this video. It is LONG, about 18 1/2 minutes, but it has just about all the "Army of one" tips that I could think of.

Watch Paintball Assassin Tips and Tricks, My Scenario Tactics Revealed | Trails Of Doom Episodes | Learning Videos | Blip

I'm sure many of you have many more tips that you use when doing this type of game play, so share with us what YOU do to effectively sneak around in the woods, and gain a tactical advantage even when hugely outnumbered.
Honestly, one of the better videos so far for this season. Not too long but coherent enough and easy to follow. It's just like we were there. And bonus points for no dubstep! Keep'em coming.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
And bonus points for no dubstep! Keep'em coming.
QFT....

seriously, it was neat the first thousand vids...i don't understand why everyone thinks it will be better with their vid.

I also like how you can hear game sounds...i hate the vids where it is just a song to the video with absolutely no game sounds.

Last edited by panhead4411; 07-01-2013 at 08:57 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
i got to ask how the cam was mounted

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

My helmet cam is an original Contour Roam ($99 now) I have it set on 720HD which films in 170degree wide angle. Then I upconvert to 1080HD when editing, which you can see on my youtube channel.

I use a zip tie to hold the back end down so it points correctly, and I use the furnished tape mount that came with it. Here are a few pics the event photographer snapped of me when I was in the open for about 2 minutes the whole day!

You can see the mount real clear in this one. I use a Flex 8 full helmet from way back when they were full camo years ago.

The key is to mount the lens between your eyeballs, as you lean out enough for both your eyes to see what you look at, and if you put the lens between your nose and your non shooting side eyeball, it is perfect to capture that "first person" perspective, without getting a ton of hopper. Course having an offset hopper like an A-5 helps as well...
Old 07-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Safety third.

The vid in the original post is really fun. Reminds me of every game of army I played as a kid. Thanks for posting it.
Crunchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone