mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Lightbulb Army of One, Tips & Tricks for playing as a lone wolf Assassin

I figured this would be a good place to ask, since many of you have WAY more experience playing paintball than I do...

So, here you go. Sometimes I enjoy hitting local scenarios and playing on my own, no team, no backup, just me against the other team. I hunt for high value targets, and see just how close I can get to their general before they get me, or I get him! Over the years I have picked up a bunch of tips and tricks, and I wanted to put them into a format where new players could easily see what I was talking about in actual game footage. So I made this video. It is LONG, about 18 1/2 minutes, but it has just about all the "Army of one" tips that I could think of.

Watch Paintball Assassin Tips and Tricks, My Scenario Tactics Revealed | Trails Of Doom Episodes | Learning Videos | Blip

I'm sure many of you have many more tips that you use when doing this type of game play, so share with us what YOU do to effectively sneak around in the woods, and gain a tactical advantage even when hugely outnumbered.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

I like to "solo" quite a bit in scenarios, usually coordinate with the general and the other big forward players to track down targets of interest and tip the scales at major control points... I also like to hold up those control points but it sucks when you get tied up there for an hour and miss out on the action and changes in field control in other key spots. Always fun to be mobile and go after different areas, although it gets exhausting on a big field on a sunny day

Definitely my favourite though, is going in with good friends I can count on, and we can do those kinds of moves together. Much better investment in terms of energy and paint... if you do catch an unlucky hit, your pals will maintain or continue the push while you respawn, and you won't lose ground
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Loved that video! Heart was pounding when you right on there base.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Apple Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxx View Post
Loved that video! Heart was pounding when you right on there base.
totally right, I felt like it was doing the stalking with him... the adrenaline rush is so good when you're in there!

great video mate!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Flipping lunch breaks!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awesome vid do you have any others like that.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
Great video and a lot of great tips! Reminded me of a couple of the times when I went solo, but didn't end with you getting lost in the woods like I did.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Cool, I'm glad you guys like that. My goal in filming/editing is to make the viewer feel like it is THEM playing. So they will try out the sport! I wasn't sure what people would think putting up an almost 20 minute video of me sneaking in the woods... Especially since I didn't have any ZoomCam footage (my memory card was faulty and NONE of my footage worked).

That is a really fun way to play when you hit a field by yourself. That was my second time paying to play paintball. Last year was my first time going to this same scenario and last year I actually barrel tagged their general, and my general named me the MVP, lol. That is why he looked at me that way this year...

I can't believe how that ended... So close...

Here is a heavily edited video from last years scenario.
Paintball Wars Amazing FPS Footage General Barrel Tagged! ZoomCam 6 proximity Kills Headshots! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv096MmQLl4

I have a bunch of full games from my field on my youtube channel "Trails of Doom", over 140 videos so far, from the past 4 years of playing.

This is a good one, of just a normal capture the flag game at my field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIS6gpQ-EKw

link for mobile
THIS is Woodsball Trails of Doom Best Game Featuring the ZoomCam Snipers Stealth Snap Shooting - YouTube

I have TONS of footage, but getting time to edit and upload is difficult. That original is finally on my youtube channel in 1080HD, it took 9 hours to upload... Blip is a lower resolution channel, so I can get footage there faster, but you can't view it on a mobile device.

I always assumed people wouldn't watch long videos, as the average view is less than 2 minutes on youtube...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

That was an epic vid! Some serious ninjaing was done
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Person

Good job keeping your head cool when inside the red base, awesome move! However I do feel that entering the safe enclosure and barrel tagging the general where people weren't wearing masks was a bit much.
BEARFACE is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone