mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
DYE I4 owners. I need lens help

I got a DYE I4 Thermal Black/Gold edition for my birthday and I absolutely love it but find the lens very dark for my style play. (More hiding in dark areas and staying in darker woods parts.) I had used a yellow lens for my last mask and was about to follow that same route until I went on line and looking for lens was like shopping for Ben&Jerrys ice cream, there is just a lot of colors. There is Blue Ice, Bronze Fire, Clear Sunrise, Northern Lights, Yellow and so forth and so on...........
I was wondering if any of you DYE I4 users have tried any of these lens and which is better for a shadier type of play? Or do I just go back to Yellow?
Thanks a lot.
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Well, all the ditanium lenses are going to be darker, they are mainly for looking agg although they do get light in some instances (blue ice), it is still a darker lens. I'd go for the HD lens for woodsball, it brings out the greens and whites and makes everything... Well... HD plus you can literally matrix paintballs because you can see them coming very easily.

Hope this helps a little
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sins Erased

This is the lense I used with my I4s and loved it

Isaiah 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, Says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
TC Paintball
Feedback: MCB +35/-0 AO +3/-0 IOG +10/-0 PBN Old +12/-0 PBN New +41/-0 TechPB +6/-0 ICDO +1/-0
Rage aka LWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I've always used the smoked lens without any difficulty. It can get pretty dark though in really shady areas. Never too dark that I couldn't play with them though.

MCB FeedBack +40/-0

PBN Feedback +23/-0

Ebay Feedback +72/-0
PARADIGM 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Take those lenses out and trade them to someone who has the stock HD lenses that wants tinted lenses? The regular colored i4's come with HD lenses which pretty much work the same way yellow lenses do, they brighten everything up.

I've tried mirror silver, red and blue. The only thing I could remember about the rose colored one was when it started to get dark, I could hardly see out of them. I don't remember what it was like to have the blue but I know I switched back to HD lenses.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Thanks guys HD it is.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone