mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
They a novelty, utterly impractical with a couple niche uses. I saw one at WWI @ Splatt Brothers in 2006, where a pilot had a pair of A-5's on a chest rig so he could shoot at other "planes" with one hand while carrying his "aircraft" in the other. Pretty cool! Did he accomplish much with it? Well I don't know

If you can work on weight reduction--selecting a light base marker to begin with and stripping off as much as possible--it may help your sales.

A bit of unsolicited advice: have fun with this, but be careful sinking too much of your cash into it.

Best of luck!

-Axel
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

I don't expect to make bank doing this but I am proud to say at 18 I have started an at home business and am making good use of my time learning business skills and making potential profit while learning

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
i want an tippmann factory fa
looking for tippmanns and also looking for firestorm gatlin cranks
Looking for 2 identical guns either cheap mechs or cheap electros now making basic double trouble kits.
FarisPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
They a novelty, utterly impractical with a couple niche uses. I saw one at WWI @ Splatt Brothers in 2006, where a pilot had a pair of A-5's on a chest rig so he could shoot at other "planes" with one hand while carrying his "aircraft" in the other. Pretty cool! Did he accomplish much with it? Well I don't know

If you can work on weight reduction--selecting a light base marker to begin with and stripping off as much as possible--it may help your sales.

A bit of unsolicited advice: have fun with this, but be careful sinking too much of your cash into it.

Best of luck!

-Axel
Thanks axel these are great words of advice that I will take into consideration!

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
Looking for 2 identical guns either cheap mechs or cheap electros now making basic double trouble kits.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
The thing is, even at the height of their popularity, the Double Trouble wasn't very popular because A) few people could afford to buy/build one, B) even fewer could afford to feed them regularly, and C) there existence was created and maintained by a set of rules for a specific tournament series (the SPPL) that died out fairly quickly. Not to mention that in most instances, 15 bps is WAY more than enough anyway, much less 30. So while I wish you luck, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of profitability from this venture.

However, if you are bound and determined to stick with it, I'd suggest kits to link better guns. I had a DT made from 2 SP1's with my own milled aluminum brackets and a custom link rod for the Firestorm cranks. It ripped through 6 cases in its first and only game (a BYOP scenario), but I just couldn't afford to keep it running at FPO prices. My first attempt at a DT with A5 was just a massive, heavy, unwieldy blender. The SP1 rig was still heavy but it didn't chop a single ball.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...ps33cac419.jpg

Aaaaaaand now I play mostly pistol
Incorrect. The DT's were started by SpecOps long before there was a SPPL, and they were strictly niche back then. They weren't for everybody, but for the person who (Remember that the economy was better back then) had the money to burn to spend around $1000 for one, plus the set up needed to keep them going (Generally, a vest with air tank pouch and plenty of pod holders, plus a remote line and large capacity HPA tank, plus around two cases of paint, minimum). Granted, not that much more than a typical tourney setup overall. But the SPPL, since it was a SpecOps tournament series, piggybacked with the SpecOps product brand.

Overall, to the OP, this is going to be a niche market. Don't plan on selling alot of these, in all honesty, partially due to the economy downturn.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Ask anyone from the South team at General's Cup 2012 their opinion of DTs. It'll spark a nice rant.

It's funny you mention Firestorms being hard to come buy; I remember back when they sold those things at Walmart for like $10...before the anti-gun types found out about them and convinced everyone it was a "machine gun kit".

I also agree that a better linking system (than a crank) is the way to go. Ideally, figure out a way to make it use a single frame. Of course, that pretty much requires electronics...unless your name is Ken and you run KP Customs.

Last thng; if you need any tips on how to slave them together, PM "n2extremes" on here. He built our scenario team's tank, and his turret has, IIRC, 4(?) Ions that all fire off one frame. He could probably give you some good tips on where to start.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNUGLY View Post
I want pictures!!!!!!!!
Pictures are now up

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Ask anyone from the South team at General's Cup 2012 their opinion of DTs. It'll spark a nice rant.

It's funny you mention Firestorms being hard to come buy; I remember back when they sold those things at Walmart for like $10...before the anti-gun types found out about them and convinced everyone it was a "machine gun kit".

I also agree that a better linking system (than a crank) is the way to go. Ideally, figure out a way to make it use a single frame. Of course, that pretty much requires electronics...unless your name is Ken and you run KP Customs.

Last thng; if you need any tips on how to slave them together, PM "n2extremes" on here. He built our scenario team's tank, and his turret has, IIRC, 4(?) Ions that all fire off one frame. He could probably give you some good tips on where to start.

Thanks I will definetly pm him!

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
The other catch 22 that will hurt sales...

In some cases the linked guns combined ROF is less than some single guns but 4 times the weight.

Its a novelty I offer it as a service at ECAP since 99 when I first made mine. How many have I sold? Two.... in 14 years.
How much did your double troubles cost?

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns
Old 07-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I am loving the AA style sight.

It should be pretty easy to rig up a double-ASA system that runs both guns off of one tank, or even a remote input.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Addicted to paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I am loving the AA style sight.

It should be pretty easy to rig up a double-ASA system that runs both guns off of one tank, or even a remote input.
I thought about that but you would go through air so fast!

Codename Tada
i like old pb guns

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone