mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
Old timers share your war stories!

I just turned 18 this summer amd next year is gonna be my last year of high school. I have been playing since
I was 9 and am what some refer to as a paintball historian. I love the stories of the old days of paintball and long to have experienced them myself. That's where yall come in lets have a fun thread where we can share stories as well as laughs! I know you guys have some juicy stories to share cheers!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

before clamping feednecks, there was always someone who had electrical tape, to get the hoppers to sit tight in the gun.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sniper Lifer - 68

We played on a decommissioned battle ship in lunenburg harbour the day before they sank her in the 90s. This year they opened the cold war fallout bunker in Debert NS. 100+ ppl showed up to play the Diefenbuker!

WFW
wetfootwilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

back in the day....I remember the first time I witnessed an SMG-60....had read about them in Action Pursuit Games magazine...which is another back in the day

You knew that when you heard the burp of the 60 you ducked cause there was gonna be paint flying....but then you charged because reloading was not quick and people did nat have back ups
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
back in the day....I remember the first time I witnessed an SMG-60....had read about them in Action Pursuit Games magazine...which is another back in the day

You knew that when you heard the burp of the 60 you ducked cause there was gonna be paint flying....but then you charged because reloading was not quick and people did nat have back ups
Thats funny because my brotha from anotha motha has an smg 68 and whenever he takes it to the field, by the third game or so, ppl figure out to rush after the burp.
So we try to protect him
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post

This.

And something that would be unheard of now is we played with regular safety glasses, no mask, no ear protection, just good old fashioned fogging up offer you little protection shop glasses lol.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
My second time playing paintball, back in the mid 80's, our group from my school were playing against some other ROTC group. I can't remember where they came from, but this was down in Arizona. The trip took a while, I remember it being a two lane highway, with around a 200 foot gap between the part I was on, and the lanes going in the opposite direction. There was a bit of a trail, through the dust and brush, explained as the old Wells Fargo stagecoach trails.

We all used PGP's, shop goggles (Like what you get in high school shop class), and they even had a KP2 for rent. The field was part of some ranchers land, so part of the "safety briefing" was not to shoot the cattle. The field had this creek bed that ran through it, and a small hill on one side. A couple of trails, and some of the bushes were actually around five feet tall. I remember coming up the creek bed, along the tall bushes, and I heard some voices. There was a bit of a break with the bushes to make simple three foot pathway between the creek bed and the trail. I got in, and shot the first person, and rolled away, as there were two others hunkered in the break. I expected them to come gunning for me. Mind you, I basically bunkered the first guy, before there was bunkering. I expected them to gang up on me, but no one came out. I pumped another ball into the marker, and rolled, yes, rolled to the break, and shot another person, then rolled back. Again, I expected the third person to come after me. Pumped another ball in, waited, then rolled again, to find that the break was not empty.

Honestly, I don't remember much more of the day, other than being left out at the field, all alone, and knowing that it was around an hour and half one way to get there, with most of the driving done on a freeway (We carpooled in a couple of vans). So I waited for about an hour, which is how long it took them to figure out that they left me behind, and turn around and get me.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

JT actually marketed a half mask for a while. It was essentially the top half of a proflex with no flexy part. Super easy to smoke a cig, not so easy to keep from getting your face and mouth DEMOLISHED by paintballs. One longball to the mouth was enough for me.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
before clamping feednecks, there was always someone who had electrical tape, to get the hoppers to sit tight in the gun.
Then those worthless clamping elbows that broke every 2nd or 3rd time you used them.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugler View Post
Thats funny because my brotha from anotha motha has an smg 68 and whenever he takes it to the field, by the third game or so, ppl figure out to rush after the burp.
So we try to protect him
No doubt....the first time I encountered one it was on my side of the field...I had my trusty brand new out of the box PMI P68-AT in hand and I was going through the follage....then BURRRRP from right behind me....I ate dirt and thought I was dead

After a couple of burps I realized that when he is against me...I duck then charge...worked like a champ cause even then all he had was his out of box SMG and just the one set of strippers....so he would shoot and have to reload the stripper clips....may as well just called himself out after shooting and walk off and save us the hassle of trying to run up on him.

But it was intimidating at first....there was no really originally no semi's....it went from pump to OMG it is an SMG
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone