mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Have any of you cosplayed or dressed up for a game

I haven't ever done cosplay but i might want to oneday here are the things i would want to dress as

Fallout New Vegas veteran ranger

for the mask i guess i would have to make something to put over a existing mask something small like a I4 a company called Psycho scnario does this

here are some examples of other people doing it though not for paintball

the other thing is this laser rifle from fallout 3 an new Vegas oneday i would like to make something like this as a paintball gun

i guess the way i would do it is have that yellow battery as a 3.5oz or 4oz the laser rifle is thick enough that you could probably fit a rip clip inside and also a internal container filled with paint balls or i could even make the battery the hopper and have it run on a remote or a internal small 3.5 or 4oz tank or 13 or 21 CI HPA tank and have a couple of speakers on the end so every time you shoot it gives of the laser rifle sound from the games and i could also have a laser switch on and of each time its shot it would have to be a weak one to be field legal and for field that don't allow it it could be switched of

also the T45D power armor from fallout 3 and new Vegas

this one obviously would be allot more difficult than the other one but still doable

other people doing it

crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
All of those look really hot. Not breathable gear=you're gonna have a bad time.

I dress up as a fat asian guy when I go play. MCB standard cosplay is the 'tourist in Hawaii'.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
All of those look really hot. Not breathable gear=you're gonna have a bad time.

I dress up as a fat asian guy when I go play. MCB standard cosplay is the 'tourist in Hawaii'.
Yeah but paintball is all about having fun and i know i would have fun wearing these.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1993 View Post
Yeah but paintball is all about having fun and i know i would have fun wearing these.
You really need to trust us when we say you won't.

If it's under 60 degrees out, you might. However, ANY sort of hard cosplay built armor that could hold up to a paintball heats up FAST. Maybe for a few five minute games you could make it, but I don't see an entire day dressed like that without having to take cooling breaks.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
You really need to trust us when we say you won't.

If it's under 60 degrees out, you might. However, ANY sort of hard cosplay built armor that could hold up to a paintball heats up FAST. Maybe for a few five minute games you could make it, but I don't see an entire day dressed like that without having to take cooling breaks.
I live in England and generally its cold where i live recently there was a heat wave but normally its cold

and it could work if i made sure it could vent

i don't really see how it could be any worse than a guille suit i would of thought a guille suit would be worse.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

As I said yesterday, we (ZDF) tend to do little things for themed games. For a roadrunners vs. coyotes game, we had ears and little signs that said "out." For a Dr. Who game, we were the daleks, so we had plunger heads on our barrels. Silly little things like that.

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

The trick is to give yourself some leeway with the mask, you might build it for perfection for cosplay but for paintball you need to make sacrifices so you can see and breathe.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capit...=photos_stream

we do a lot of costumes for scenarios and Halloween games.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ballin'

I've done a stormtrooper for Halloween before. It was fine as long as I didn't try to run a ton. It was actually kind of fun and intimidating to walk everywhere. One warning, wearing a full head helmet, every headshot will ring your bell. Also remember that'll you'll be physically bigger than normal so it will be harder to get in cover.
Jmorell818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorell818 View Post
I've done a stormtrooper for Halloween before. It was fine as long as I didn't try to run a ton. It was actually kind of fun and intimidating to walk everywhere. One warning, wearing a full head helmet, every headshot will ring your bell. Also remember that'll you'll be physically bigger than normal so it will be harder to get in cover.
Was it a imitation stormstrooper mask that was strong enough to be hit by paintballs or was it something you put over a real mask

if its the former then how did you get a field to allow you to play with it.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

All the masks I do are over the paintball mask, sometimes I will choose a mask because it fits better in a particular costume, but most times a JT spectra or Flex is my first choice.
A lot of stores sell a half mask for kids, usually has a rubber frame to make it sit on their face. just rip that out, and remove any lens they use, they are NOT optically clear and they suck.
here is a pic of my General Grievous mask. I removed the red lens and rubber frame, pulled of the panel that housed the electronics and tucked the electronics back up top.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...pscbea309b.jpg
it now fits perfectly over my spectra.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd9acca2f.jpg

And i still have the sound bites
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone