mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Have you ever...? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/239363-have-you-ever.html)

breg 08-06-2013 09:50 PM

Have you ever...?

Today it hit me: I for the longest time have hated, HATED Shockers. With every ounce of my black atrophied heart. I was/am a SP hater. But, now suddenly, I own two SFT's and one NXT Shocker.

WTF, over?

My main stay barrel, a DW Fibur, requires Freak Inserts to function.

I really enjoy my Shockers because I never know if they are going to function from one day to the next.

(Bit of PB Wisdom "If it ends in '-ocker' and it is working; let it alone)

I love tinkering with them, I love looking for once expensive after market parts and building them into true beasts of the Field.

Seriously, how in the Nine Hells did I wind up with three Shockers?

OK, OK, OK, rant ends.

Now, has anyone else ever had this happen to them? They spent so long hating a gun or bit of gear, and suddenly they wind up having that gun or gear in their kit, and more over enjoy owning it?

Am I going insane or just getting old?

maggot 08-06-2013 09:52 PM

I used to think you had to be an utter moron to use an Autococker when the greatest gun ever made (the Automag... duh) was widely available. These days I own a ton of them, although they are still rarely used... mags are better afterall ;)

Gunhero5 08-06-2013 10:07 PM

I'm not an SP fan either. I've never ended up with any of their products that I didn't immediately sell off though. lol

Ugler 08-06-2013 10:11 PM

I used to HATE automags... Apthough i could never explain why. But then i picked up a beater and feom there i loved them :) weird....

Donkey Oatey 08-07-2013 12:04 AM

Electronic guns, I hated them. Then for a while I had several. I actually enjoyed playing with two of the 6 I had at that time. Now I miss having those 2 nice ones but I am a pumper at heart.

RatFink 08-07-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breg (Post 2774610)
Today it hit me: I for the longest time have hated, HATED Shockers. With every ounce of my black atrophied heart. I was/am a SP hater. But, now suddenly, I own two SFT's and one NXT Shocker.

WTF, over?

Now, has anyone else ever had this happen to them? They spent so long hating a gun or bit of gear, and suddenly they wind up having that gun or gear in their kit, and more over enjoy owning it?

Am I going insane or just getting old?

As far as your sanity, I couldn't say either way. I will say that in my own experience, when I have had an unknowledgeable opinion about a product, that leads to ignorant hatred, I will never, for the sake of my own ego even give it a day in court. To this date, I have yet to have been proven wrong...

James_Blond 08-07-2013 12:31 AM

I used to think cockers were horribly unrealiable and all that and liked my mags, until I got a good deal on a 2k. Love back blocks. Shoot better than the mags I used to have. Maybe its just the feel or ergonomics, but I shoot cockers better than mags with a lot less short stroking.

PistolRogue 08-07-2013 01:09 AM

I used to hate on Egos mostly just because of the stereotypical ego owners... Then I picked up an etek from a buddy for like $150 and realized they really are the AK47's of electronic paintball guns... Not necessarily the most refined or precise, but damn near impossible to get them to break down. I still kick my self for selling that etek and the Swamp SLS I bought after it. Now though I rarely use electros so having one would really be a waste.

schuby 08-07-2013 01:11 AM

I have a very love/hate relationship with cockers. I love the way they look, and find myself buying one every couple years, and then the instant I touch them they leak from every possible spot. I spend hours taking them apart and teching them, inevitably leading me to screw them up worse or accomplish nothing. I then either a) sell them, b) trade them, or c) throw them at a wall and then sell or trade them, usually for less value than before they were thrown through the wall.

And then two years later I find another pretty one for cheap and I jump on it. I'm waiting for the day I receive a working, smooth, well timed cocker right out of the box.

Edit: Mags on the other hand are the ****, I've never once had a problem with one, and I end up missing every one I sell.

jc_10 08-07-2013 01:17 AM

I don't care for SP, my avatar makes that apparent. A few months ago I got a freak setup in a craigslist gear bundle and I must say that I love it. Do I care for the Gardner brothers, their "ethics" or any of their guns? Hell no but I will use the Freak kit because it just works.