mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Fogging (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/240218-fogging.html)

neelzebub 08-18-2013 10:02 PM

Fogging

Where I ref we where having problems with rental masks fogging up (single pain). I came across that if use shaving cream on your bathroom mirror it stops fogging (it does).
Well to make a long story short, some of our customers where fogging up on Saturday, so I used the shaving cream, damn it actually worked. It didn't eliminate all of it, but it really helped. Well, they weren't taking off there goggles to see, so I consider that a win.
Keep Glass from Fogging Up with a Bit of Shaving Cream

szary[PL] 08-19-2013 03:56 AM

Johnson's Baby shampoo also works very well as an anti-fog solution.

elraido 08-19-2013 12:39 PM

Another trick. I used to do this with swimming goggles and it works with paintball goggles as well. Spit inside your mask and rub it everywhere. Then use warm water and rinse it out. It isn't going to work all day long, but it works in a pinch.

Hawkeye20 08-19-2013 12:48 PM

Bam.

Products Fogdoc - Your Prescription to Clarity - Antifog and Steam Removal

aresfiend 08-19-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelzebub (Post 2783944)
Well to make a long story short, some of our customers where fogging up on Saturday, so I used the shaving cream, damn it actually worked. It didn't eliminate all of it, but it really helped.

I actually used that when the thermal layer on my Proflex was compromised instead of buying a new lens. Works amazing.

JLuke 08-19-2013 01:53 PM

Bandaids along the perimeter of the lense.

JeffS77 08-19-2013 02:06 PM

PJ1 fog blocker. I have been using it forever on my moto goggles and on my paintball goggles. even my cheap single pane JT's wont fog up with it.

The Inflicted 08-19-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 (Post 2784312)

Has anyone tested to see if this works better than a shaving cream/water solution?

Also, how long does the .5oz jar last?
I've got good thermal lenses on all of my own goggles, but sometimes wish there was a cheap and quick anti-fog solution I could give out to renters and newbies I see at the field.

Mercenario 08-19-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Inflicted (Post 2784391)
Has anyone tested to see if this works better than a shaving cream/water solution?

Also, how long does the .5oz jar last?
I've got good thermal lenses on all of my own goggles, but sometimes wish there was a cheap and quick anti-fog solution I could give out to renters and newbies I see at the field.

The stuff is the consistency of snot and a little goes a long way, I've been using it for about 4 years and still have 1/2 a jar, granted I don't play weekly but let's say it'll last you a season+ no problem. As far as its effectiveness it's the best solution to Florida soupy humid days I have found. Until I find something better it will stay in my gear bag.