mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Your highest "kill" streak/s

Before anyone mentions is yes I know you don't kill people when you play but I couldn't think of a better word to use splat steak hit streak.

Whatever.

Mine is 13 it was the last time I played it was a respawn game but I didn't get hit throughout the whole game also this was my 13th paintball game ever and I was running a semi mech similar to a Spyder and it was 20v20.

The field is set up like this on one side you have a very small hill on the other a very steep hill through not steep enough that you cant walk up with with relative ease the steep hill was bigger and had more cover and of course a height advantage.

Between the two hills there is a swampish river bed that has claimed many shoes including one of my boots and possibly lives over the years its extremely difficult to cross its like quicksand there are bridges but they are covered in slippery mud and have no hand rails.

We started on the short hill.

I start the game ran up to the furthest bunker on my side and stayed there for a bit shooting people I took out a few but they where quite a distance away.

After a while a team mate arrives and tells me one of the other players somehow managed to cross the swamp and is now on the other side and he plans to back him up and ask if I want to join in.

So I manage to cross it both of them where eliminated before I arrived I was actually the last played on out team to cross that riverbed for the whole game, I managed to get behind a long but very low bit of cover made from loads of dead twigs and branches they where spaced far enough apart that I could see through them and shove my barrel though it and shoot the people but they couldn't hit me one player tried to bunker me at one point but I took him out

I spent a very long time there taking people out the bunker they where in was nearly overflowing at times and quite a few of my shots where *** shots they where a very short distance away i'm bad with measuring things but maybe 15 feet? 20 I dunno.

After a while the ref shouts that there is only one minute left so I ran to the bunker stuck my marker in and shouted surrender louder and deeper than I thought possible one player fell over backward from the surprise and looked as if he had nearly pissed himself and both surrendered BTW this was my first ever surrender attempt.

I then ran further up the field and tried to bunker someone else while running to him he started shooting I was just about to shoot him when I shouted surrender and he didn't so we start trading allot of paint from a few feet away a surprising amount of the paint bounces of of him and me but the ref came over and checked and he had a few on him and I didn't.

I ran further up took 1 or 2 (not sure) players on the left and then longballed the last player left on there team on the right the paintball hit him about 1 or 2 seconds before the game ended.

I got compliments from everybody for the rest of the day.

I also played a game maybe 2 years ago it was the first and only time I have played with my sister I got 12 in that game it was about 16 or 17 vs 16 or 17 rules where head shots and marker shots don't count I think this was also the first game that day.

The field was set up like this there was this big pyramid in the middle of the game area with a totem inside which you had to take and place in the starting area of the enemy team to win the pyramid didn't have any rooms it just had 4 doorways in a cross pattern with the totem in the middle it was a ten minute game.

I ran to the pyramid and stayed on my teams side of it rather than going in and then I realized not a single team mate flowed me not even my sister ,I kept yelling for them to come over but they where content shooting wildly all over the place and not hitting anything I swear by my life and all that is holy that they didn't take out a single player Enemy player in the whole game.

So I stayed at the pyramid I couldn't get the totem but I could stop them from getting it I had to move around allot to cover 3 different areas of attack my left the center of the pyramid and the right of it.

I cant remember the details much basically I took out 12 players whilst almost constantly asking for my team mates to advance, eventually the ref said 30 seconds left and my whole team ran over and the other teams few survivors rushed in and grabbed the totem my team ran over like the god damn cavalry there to save the day except wait no that not right the one time I get shot in the whole game (yes I somehow didn't get shot in the head) and its a team mate shooting me at near point plank range in the nuts just before the clock ran out.

This isn't so much of a kill steak story but in one of the games I played the last time I went paintballing I singe handedly held of the entire team from taking our objective (this was attackers vs defenders) the other team managed to decimate most of my team quickly and left only 4 or 5 left all of which hid at the back of the field behind me refusing to move even though they couldn't actually see or shoot any people from there, I had a good angle though I could stop people from getting the objective and they couldn't flank me , anyway we won I got quite a bit of praise from the refs for that one oh and in that game headshots did counts.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
You actually count how many people you shoot out?

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
I would but its too hard to count that high.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
Yeah

I'm good at counting shots as well without planing to I can 9.5 times out of 10 accurately count how many shots have been fired in video games films TV shows etc when they are shooting full auto burst semi etc as long as it isn't to high about 10 or 15 shot bursts is my limit it helps allot in video games when you can work how how many shots a person has left obviously it isn't useful for paintballing unless your opponent is playing mag fed.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I think you missed JC's point...
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

I don't know I personally never really think about it. I have cleared a 3 man and a 5 man team before and after the point thought wow I shot everyone so I guess I will go with 5.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
me and my little brother were defending a fort during a very small, very wet scenario game

2 of us vs a roaming hoard that needed to plant their bomb on the flag or something like that.....

i was shooting one of my super custom phantoms
i was playing stock class feed, and went 10 for 10 out of my 10rd tube 3 times within like 30 minutes

we were pretty much out of paint, so i had to wait for them to walk up to the wall of the fort and shoot them through the windows (cant miss from 5 feet away lol)

we held the fort, rest of our team came back from the lunch break and tried to give us supplies, we got all excited, then realized both of our tanks were below 1k and we need air so the 2 of us left
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Cappin' noobs ain't worth countin'.

How many "Pro's" you shoot out in a game?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
Cappin' noobs ain't worth countin'.

How many "Pro's" you shoot out in a game?
It counts when I am a bit of a newb that game were I got 12 players out that was my 4th or 5th game that game where I got 13 people was my 13th game.

And I very rarely get to play against regulars they don't go to the fields I go to to often but when I have played against them I normally dominate them or at least break even.

These aren't some fluke moments though I regularly manage to take out 5 to 8 players in games normally its ether in a last stand from a good defend able position or my team refuses to move and I end up having to take on everyone myself or sometimes its that I just found the perfect spot to hold up the entire team, there is one game zone I love playing in where if i'm quick I can hold up the entire team by myself so far I have never been eliminated whilst holding that part down its always funny to because i'm always about 1 foot away from the other players the cover I use is some see through mesh that they can only really attack from one angle but I can see them and they can see me I often have 3 or 4 people from the other team just standing there for minutes thinking of how they are going to get me... they never do .
Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
OP confirmed for 13 year old.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone