mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Does this camo match? :P

Yes, I realize I sound like a complete milsim tool, but if I'm going to build a milsim setup, why do it halfway?

My problem is that I'm on quite a budget (minimum wage, trying to pay for school AND everything else.)
I managed to pick up a multicam molle vest, mag pouches, and holster for my pistol rig for dirt cheap. Now I'm somewhat committed to at least having colors that look similar.

I'm looking at getting the DYE tactical mod top (the first-gen ones are $30 now) in DYE cam, which I hope will not look too out of place next to the multicam.

Now I'm stuck with the question of pants... I've decided I'm probably going to start wearing BDU's, and just dig out my knee pads from wherever they've been collecting dust. My only problem is finding a relatively inexpensive pair of multicam BDU pants that is made by a somewhat-reputable company and isn't likely to disintegrate the first time I slide into a briar patch or fail dive into an awkward position. (Brand-name paintball pants have even failed in that department )
Any suggestions in this department?

Additionally, does anyone have DYE cam and Multicam gear nearby that they can compare visually? (side-by-side pics would be greatly appreciated.) I doubt it would clash too badly; but if it winds up being too terrible to look at, I may have to reconsider.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan

DyeCam top, MultiCam bottom. Very different, IMO.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

yes, I've seen pictures of both; but never together; meaning lighting effects can play fun tricks and make things look way different than they are, so trying to match equipment based solely on marketing photos is never really an exact science...

That said, while the patterns may be different, the primary colors of the camouflage seem to be very similar; which, for the time being, is the goal.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
very differnt. course you can always get some standard issue multicam from ebay.

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
I agree that they are different in pattern, but the colors used are all the same or pretty similar, and in the same proportions too. If the Nighthunter is really on a budget I think it'd work nicely. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that combo if I was in a bind for cash and didn't want to spend a ton on an exact match.

Also, for cheap BDUs try finding a local army surplus store. Or search Craigslist for camo clothes.

I'd try getting clothes in this camo style as it's wayyyyy more common to find. http://www.armysurplusworld.com/prod...ProductID=2873

B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthunter View Post
That said, while the patterns may be different, the primary colors of the camouflage seem to be very similar; which, for the time being, is the goal.
While that may be true, the difference in patterns could be easily seen in nature.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
I agree that they are different in pattern, but the colors used are all the same or pretty similar, and in the same proportions too. If the Nighthunter is really on a budget I think it'd work nicely. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that combo if I was in a bind for cash and didn't want to spend a ton on an exact match.

Also, for cheap BDUs try finding a local army surplus store. Or search Craigslist for camo clothes. Or try this link: Buy Multicam Poly Cotton Twill BDU fatigues at Army Surplus World
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...
And I've been to the two surplus stores in town and was thoroughly unimpressed. The cheap stuff looked like it had already been on the worse end of a few wars, and everything else would have cost me my firstborn and the blood of a baby goat....

I'll probably end up buying something online unless I happen to find an amazing deal in town (which is unlikely.)
Old 08-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Velkens stuff is fairly cheap and wpuld match

E - Everybodys
G - Got
O - One
Team ODST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team ODST View Post
Velkens stuff is fairly cheap and wpuld match
This is true, however, I'm looking for a top that has lightweight material over the chest and heavy duty ripstop-style material on the sleeves so I won't roast inside my vest during the Florida heat. The valken jerseys that are of similar construction are double the price of what I was looking at; so I'll probably pass.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Trawl ebay (UK mostly) for the British MTP, Multi Terrain Pattern. Occasionally you can find a good deal on new/ish gear. Shipping can be reasonable too from the UK, more and more items are popping up in the US aswell. Same colours as Multicam, slightly different pattern.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone