mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

First to come to mind was the day I test-drove my friends brand new first gen Tac8 at a day of recball. I had a cRap4 magazine fed thing that I picked up to fiddle with that I brought along for giggles - he was a milsim'er and I figured he'd get a kick out of it. Somehow he convinced me to play a round "magfed only" (granted this was circa 2006 when that was not at all common) and gave me his brothers earpiece and walkie-talkie so I could communicate with him and his teammates.

Anyhow we were at Friendly Fire in Upton which has some very unique bunkers, and a small creek cutting across the middle that's maybe 5' across and 2' deep with about 4" of water at the bottom. I was behind a skinny tree just a few feet from that little stream when I dumped the the last 3 shots from my 18rd magazine towards the mask poking over the top of a bunker halfway up the hill on the other side. Another guy popped up up and started shooting my way, so I dove forward and crawled into the stream/gully to get some cover and reload.

At that point, I realized that my pack and all eight of the magazines I had shoved into the pod pouches were on a bench with the rest of my gear back in the staging area, under the watchful eye of my friends brother. That meant I was down to the Tac8 with its one magazine, and the two 12ies and two 10rd tubes attached to the holster (he hadn't figured out efficiency yet, or been able to source more magazines). I used the radio to check with my buddy and he said he was on the complete opposite side of the field with almost our entire team. Probably the most dumbass move I've ever pulled on the field - soaking wet with no teammates around and about 28 paintballs to my name.

Anyhow I loaded up the cRap4, fired two shots blindly, shoved the last two balls in and started crawling on my back as far down the creek as I could, getting more soaked as I went. I was about 30' away from my initial "splashdown" when one of the guys from the bunker jumped in and I lit him him up. Like a jerk, he yelled out to his buddy in the bunker that I was still in the creek while he walked off. I crawled even further along and popped up and saw his buddy crouched down and moving toward where he was hit, so I fired off the rest of the magazine and got him moving back up the hill past the bunker and towards the top. At that point I said screw it, dropped my marker and hauled *** up the hill and managed to hit him in the back by dumping the Tac 8 at him as he was climbing into the helicopter which served as a bunker up there.

So he starts shouting for a paint check with no refs near by, at which point a handful of his teammates who had been down on the other side of the field heard him, turned around started up the hill towards the chopper. Now completely out of paint, I booked it back down the hill back to get back to my marker and made it into the creekbed just in time for people to start shooting in my direction. About a minute or two later my buddy was able to chuck me a pod so I could pick through the broken paint and reload, but I was pinned in the creek firing blindly and watching the paint fly over me until the end of the game. From getting stuck in the creek initially to getting stuck in it the second time couldn't have been more than ten minutes.

Tournaments, scenarios, events and big games aside, that day of recball was probably the most fun I've had on a field. Probably the best paintball story I can remember too, especially as far as far as sharing with non-paintballers goes. I received mucho beer that once a ref confirmed that I had such a nutty run...
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
I did this to a guy once. He was hiding in a bunker trying to reload his stick feed and I opened up on him. I missed with 10 shots while he was dancing around like a fool then we both ran away to reload.
LOL! I totally remember that! I was trying to AT with nothing left in my feed!

Totally a seperate incident than the one mentioned previously.

Perhaps I just am a fool?
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Few years ago at a scenario at splatbrothers in va. I am bunkered down behind a low wall with some kid asking me the usual dumb questions about my Phantom. About ten feet in front of us are two enemies, both kids with parents that had deep wallets because they layed more paint onto that wall than I used all weekend. Well anyway I was snap shooting almost hitting them a few times the kid next to me was to scared that his Hopper would get hit to do anything. So I wait hoping for something to happen. The enemy fire stops, I listen. I hear one ask the other for paint. . I jump out of the bunker, sprint to the bunker one shotting both of them. . To get lit up by about 10 approaching enemies that had been walking up the road. .
Best thing was one of the kids came over to me later that day to ask me about pump guns. Saw thay kid the next month running with a Phantom. .. made me smirk. .
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I tend to not use a gun while playing CTF. I'll just leave it behind and sprint for the flag.

I never really get hit doing it either.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
I falled on the ground once and had a carrot of dirt in my barrel and surrender someone with it :P
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
I tend to not use a gun while playing CTF. I'll just leave it behind and sprint for the flag.

I never really get hit doing it either.
Oh! I like this one, but if I put my story here MAr will ban me for sure!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Last time I played I sprinted to a bunker which happened to be an old fence section. As soon as I get there I hear shooting which sounds suspiciously like it's coming from the other side. I look through an opening to see an opposing player on the other side shooting away (not at me). I couldn't run around without getting hit. I considered asking him to surrender but felt it was too risky so I just poked my gun around the side& put a couple on his pack.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

DO NOT DEAL WITH eXotiC1nE!!
homerj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

I was at scenario, south of Austin TX, a few years a go. I had my Sydarm, so I stuck it in the small of my back. There was a firefight on a road, well I just went down about 50 yards and just nonchalantly walk across the road. I then came across a squad of guys, on the other side, I started barrel tagging them. One guy turned to see what was going on I stuck my Sydarm in face and told him to surrender, he did. I shot two more guys in the butt. Then their medic and another guy was behind a bunker, I shot him out, then I told the medic to surrender, he did. At that point I had no paintballs in the gun.
A little later after I was shot, I went back to my campsite, and while I was walking I heard "There's that SOB". The squad leader asked me to come over, "So your the one that wiped out my squad?"
"Yep"
"With a pistol?"
"Yep"
What can I say, fortune favors the foolish.

http://paintthefarm.com/wp/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Splat...ll/74747590274
neelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Just this last weekend I was playing with a group of new players, without a marker. I had successfully crept through their lines and then was confronted by the young lady I had loaned my Mini to. She proceeds to light up the tree I am hiding behind... I do this comical lean back and look at another player and say "Please shoot her" Followed up by realizing he is one *HER* team. I announce "Wrong team" and proceed to wave my hands and make Dr Zoidberg noises as I scuttled back toward our end of the field. The player was stunned and failed to shot me while I was scuttling in the open. The ref across the way pretty much died laughing. He commented after the game he didn't think I would run... I pointed out I can scuttle like the best of them.

All in all a great day. Barrel tagged 2 new players and one experienced player... I haven't done that in many years.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

If you were doing business with me via text message, please send me a text with your name, as my phone has killed my contact list. Thank you in advance.

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685
Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

playing a d-day style game, ran up to a dirt berm in the middle of the field and stood there shooting as fast as I could keeping heads pinned down and eliminating 4 of the 7 people on that team. All while using a pump. With no autotrigger. Shooting 265.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone