mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

it's got a barrel extension, a scope, and a non-tank stock. figured it's based on automags so it's fixable, and even if not i can still recoup some of the costs by selling off those accessories.

160 shipped, did i dun goofed?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
I've porked many

If it doesn't work fixing it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
For me it would depend on the marker itself. For something like an Automag I'd probably pay pretty close to going rate, probably $25-30 less than going rate. You only have to take into account the cost of a few orings. For an electro I would have to take into account that potentially the board &/or the solenoid need to be replaced along with wearable orings.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

A lot of it depends on how comfortable you are fixing markers. With ICD stuff, I am quite confident that I can fix whatever is broken, but I won't pay going rate for it.

If you can recoup most of your cost with the bonus parts, I would say it was a safe buy.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Whoís with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
boo
Banned

At this point I just assume every used marker I buy whether tested or untested is going to have some little issue. I don't care what the reason its being sold for, baby on the way, lost job, wife's making me, or too many markers, if it was 100% and like new in a box and worked as advertised or reputed it would be being hoarded or being played with.

I almost exclusively buy "needs work", "played in condition", "scratch and dent", "sat in my attic for 5 years", and "untested". Those are the only honest sellers.

As for the truly "is brand new in the box and I would depreciate its value by testing it" unicorns I'm guessing the owners are just looking for someone less risk averse then them. They truly know the risk and higher then normal liklihood the thing could gas up, fry the board, spit out o rings, seize a solenoid and have to be sold at a huge loss. Even worse by fixing it they could scratch the 1 of 1 anno or strip the threads of a rare body. Stuff like this just hangs on walls and finally the owner can't hold back and comes to the crossroad of playing with it or selling it to the next hoarder.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it's got a barrel extension, a scope, and a non-tank stock. figured it's based on automags so it's fixable, and even if not i can still recoup some of the costs by selling off those accessories.

160 shipped, did i dun goofed?
For everything you got it's a decent deal. Going rate for a t9.1 is maybe about $180, pending what comes with it
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

There's at least two kinds of untested.

"I used to play with it, but no longer. It may leak." Those are fine with me. It will leak for me eventually anyway.

"I bought it from someone else and have never seen it work." Those have been a problem when critical parts are missing, and those parts cost more than the rest of what you bought. It has been made right whenever it happened, but it detracts from the sale on both ends.

Maybe there are other kinds of "untested"....

I guess there is the "I took some parts out for another marker and put this one back together without them. I have been unable to test it."
Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

tracking package.

left indiana.

arrived at ohio.

wrong direction....
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Could be a regional hub in Ohio for mail to be flown to different parts of the country.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
It is too dependent on gun type to come up with a generic percentage. If it is a Nelson pump like a Phantom then have at it at sticker price as only so much can go wrong. If it requires 15 proprietary wear parts that I can't find, or might have a blown solenoid (etc) then the loss is considerably more. Now, if Camille came up for sale as untested, or seriously broken, well... I wouldn't buy it because that would be receiving stolen goods and punishable as a felony. But you get the idea.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone