mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   how much would you pay for a gun labeled "untested?" (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/241078-how-much-would-you-pay-gun-labeled-untested.html)

heinous 09-01-2013 05:33 PM

how much would you pay for a gun labeled "untested?"

i'm between having paid it and having it shipped here.

i probably should have asked this before either...

i guess it was a gamble.

DashHopes 09-01-2013 05:42 PM

Depends on the make of the gun? What are you buying? Easy to say "Without Risk There's No Reward" because it's not my money lol.

Nighthunter 09-01-2013 05:44 PM

I suppose it would depend on the age of the gun, how long it's been since the thing has been used, and whether something happened to put it in "untested" condition (ie, an accident.)

I suppose between 1/2 and 2/3 the going rate would be the most I'd want to pay; although occasionally I'll pay more if I'm feeling generous, or am extremely confident in the seller.

The Flounder 09-01-2013 05:48 PM

Depends on how many parts for said gun I already have.

Minority1 09-01-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthunter (Post 2793434)
I suppose between 1/2 and 2/3 the going rate would be the most I'd want to pay; although occasionally I'll pay more if I'm feeling generous, or am extremely confident in the seller.

If the seller is not willing to test or confirm if the marker is indeed in working condition then it's only fair to assume it's not.

Buyers should always take into consideration not just the value of the marker, but the amount of work and money one has to put into it before making it their own.

heinous 09-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashHopes (Post 2793432)
Depends on the make of the gun? What are you buying? Easy to say "Without Risk There's No Reward" because it's not my money lol.

how about percentage vs a working one in bst? wanted to keep it a more general question.

actually i didn't even know the going rate of a working one when i bid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthunter (Post 2793434)
I suppose it would depend on the age of the gun, how long it's been since the thing has been used, and whether something happened to put it in "untested" condition (ie, an accident.)

i'll be finding those out when i have it in my hands :bandu:

Phoenix01 09-01-2013 06:22 PM

So the question begs to be answered, what did you get?

heinous 09-01-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix01 (Post 2793455)
So the question begs to be answered, what did you get?

a t9.1? i mean it would be a t9.1 if it shows up and works.....

why whats the going rate for those?

MarkT 09-01-2013 06:26 PM

I would have to assume it was badly broken and wouldn't buy it. The last time I bought something "untested" I regretted it.

Minority1 09-01-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2793456)
a t9.1? i mean it would be a t9.1 if it shows up and works.....

why whats the going rate for those?

Depends on the model/version. More importantly how much did you pay for an "untested" T9.1?