mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

I like observant people!

I consider myself relatively observant of people and my surroundings. For example, at my workplace, the company is remodeling the dealership and on of the tile layers was wearing black cargo shorts with red and white hibiscus flowers down the outer seams. For some reason I asked where he got them and if he played paintball. Florida and no.... fail.

Today, I was at a small family/friends party and as we were leaving, a guy there looked at my hat and says, WGP autococker... do you play paintball?" slightly stunned, I said, "Huh? Oh ya, yes I do. You are the first person in years to catch that." I have been wearing a black WGP hat for years. It only says WGP Paintball in a smallish logo offset on the front. From that, we talked for 15 minutes about paintball. Hopefully he can make it to a local pump game soon. He also knows Smiley from Merry Band of Brothers. I told him about our forum, and urged him to join. A 20+ year player.

TL;DR It's nice running into people that pick up on the slightest thing that sparks a good conversation!
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

There's a weird association for me between tinkerers, older players, and members of this forum. In my mind, if you mix and match parts that never should be mixed and matched or if you've been playing since the days of Uvex goggles, you MUST be on this forum. Them's the rules.

So it blew my mind when I was at the field and saw a guy who grafted an A-5's e-frame to an Automag and he told me he's never heard of MCB.

Blew my mind, I tell you.

Not wholly related, but your post had a "spirit of paintball" vibe that reminded me of all that.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

Definitely had the spirit vibe. It put a grin on my face immediately. That's the best way to explain the feeling... The spirit of paintball.
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

That happened to me while I was on vacation this summer. I was staying in a hostel and got a couple room mates that were from Germany. I mentioned I was from LA and one asked me if I knew of the LA hitmen. I was pretty shocked at first and it took me a second to realize he was talking about paintball. These guys turned out to be in the tournament scene in Germany. It was pretty cool talking to them about how paintball is over there.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I had a cashier at Trader Joe's recognize the PSP logo on my shirt. It was no small feat considering that it was a well worn tshirt and the logo was faded. We talk paintball and other hobbies when I see him now.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Who’s with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer

VM-68 Magnum
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Run?

Brass N Wood Fan
So what you're saying is that I need to start wearing my Ronn Stern T-shirt more often.

My Feedback Thread

JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
I use to wear a planet eclipse beanie to work at ups

Every once In a while someone would say something
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
i was wearing a PSP shirt today.... barista guy at starbucks asked if i played.... then said he played D1 at NPPL San Diego 2006

he said he ran outta money and stopped playing
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

i asked if a classmate plays paintball once because i saw his dye keychain.

turns out he does. he is also a weirdo.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
he is also a weirdo.
There's a high concentration of those in this game.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone