mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Distraction Device

I just read an article that mentioned a swat team tossing a "distraction device" into a room. It appears that it was some type of battery powered flashing light.
Has anybody thought about using one of these in a paintball game? Maybe throw it on the rhs of the bunker and charge the lhs. Or throw it into a room to get the guns off the door. I bet it would work at least once.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I'm not even joking, a guy was talking about the $XXX flashlight on his A5 yesterday. It was a flashing light laser combo that would flash and make it hard for you to focus.

I wouldn't use it, you never know if some kid is epileptic. I always carry a towel/rag,so If I saw it close to me I'd just throw it over the flashing thing.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Loud Pipes Save Lives

CCM Fan
the airsoft place im near uses flashbang type stuff indoors... pretty loud. had to get out of airsoft, no brass, and the pumps in airsoft suck

but a bright light, especially indoors or low light, will mess up your game
sniper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
I'm not even joking, a guy was talking about the $XXX flashlight on his A5 yesterday. It was a flashing light laser combo that would flash and make it hard for you to focus.

I wouldn't use it, you never know if some kid is epileptic. I always carry a towel/rag,so If I saw it close to me I'd just throw it over the flashing thing.
I would hate to have it directly mounted. Besides the epilectic problem, you would probably be taking quite a bit of fire from some pretty fast markers. Bet you would get over shot too... Hard to see when you are out.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

As an epileptic I would ask him politely to not use it, and if he still did I would tell the field manager.

Back to the OP. I've thrown random cardboard tubes I found on a woods field and yelled "throwing sticky" or "frag out". It was actually pretty funny because we were playing a defend the castle... and nobody rushed in.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Just Some Guy

If you can throw something into a room wouldn't a paint grenade be a better choice?

My Feedback
MarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

just use a dog toy ball that makes a squeek noise when you squeeze it. squeeze all the air out, then toss it so it goes SQUEEEEEeeeeeeeeee
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
I've porked many

Incite fear as a distraction. Throw in a pair of these, and yell out," I'm horny!"

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
This tactic has precedence. Lionel Atwill yelled, "grenade!!" and threw a wild onion at an opponent during the first game despite there being no provisions for such in the rules. He used the following confusion to his advantage, though he was subsequently shot in the leg and eliminated.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Oh boy..... where to start.

My father and I have done a lot of this sort of stuff over our 20-something years in the field. It actually earned me the fun title of "Psychological Warfare Expert" on the team.

Some of the various things we made over the years and in some semblance of an order.

- My father deliberately took I think cat food and a bunch of other fish based things put it in a few zip lock bags and let it sit out side on top of his shed for two weeks before a huge local big game...... The idea was to "Shut down areas" because who would want to go into a bunker if it reeked to high heaven........ Well it worked very very very well, till the field owner though there was a propane leak and told him to stop. He did we are friendly with the owner (still)

- My first foray into this sort of stuff was just as evil. I was to play my very first 24 hour night game and we knew that people had night vision at this event and it would be a mess after dark. What to do? Well I bought my self a boating rescue strobe. Yes the mega bright slow strobe that can be seen from several miles away. Well I encountered a fellow that I knew had NV and was following me just out of range so shut down my flashlight and waited till I knew the guy was close closed my eyes and turned the strobe on. Guy just screamed and ran off. Too funny.

- Recently I have made "Smell Nice Grenades" Which involves home brew grenades and a trip to bath and body works to buy everything they have that is cheap and is a body spray..... some times I add glitter.

- I also peppered a field prior me being a general with propaganda photos of my costume, I also did youtube vids, handed out candy canes to my team mates and pelted the opposing team in the staging area with coco puffs to act as if its coal.

I made small ones large ones pocket sized and poster sized..... I did not win the game but I never broke the persona and totally freaked the other general out so bad he would not come after me even for the massive points involved.

I like winning the game before it even happens

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone