mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brilliant

I'd been trying to find a more compact method for storing my Freak inserts (Freak cases are just too darned big) and while cruising the boards here I saw this mentioned and decided to see how well it worked...

Its BRILLIANT!
G-FOURce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-FOURce View Post
I'd been trying to find a more compact method for storing my Freak inserts (Freak cases are just too darned big) and while cruising the boards here I saw this mentioned and decided to see how well it worked...

Its BRILLIANT!
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1809cba7.jpg
If scratching the inserts is a concern, it's brilliant. I don't however think it would help much in protecting them from getting dented which would be a much bigger concern for me personally.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Where did you get those? Cigar holders?
Old 09-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
If scratching the inserts is a concern, it's brilliant. I don't however think it would help much in protecting them from getting dented which would be a much bigger concern for me personally.
I take care of my gear and I dont mishandle anything, so its not about them denting (for that I went stainless over aluminum). I will share that I am OCD about my gear so I usually go the extra mile to protect everything. I am also an organization freak, so thats just a third layer to my madness. I have two GXG bags - one for each of my two set-ups - so everything is always where it should be and not slung haphazardly into a duffel or a box. The cigar cases mean I can have my entire gear set-up in one easy-to-manage shoulder bag and dont have to have my inserts rattling around anywhere or have to carry them in that honker case.

Here is the bag I use and below shows everything that fits perfectly inside. There isnt room for a stock Freak case ... Its just too big.

Last edited by G-FOURce; 09-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
Where did you get those? Cigar holders?
Yep! They're four-finger, leather cigar cases. I bought them together, along with a two-finger case, on eBay. I wish I could steal the idea as my own, but it isnt. I'm just sharing the love for anyone else who hates that obnoxiously oversized Freak case and who may have also overlooked this option.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
There's no reason to carry a huge case for inserts. It's really a waste of space for something so light and small. The cigar holders are a good idea. Use common sense, place them in a relatively safe spot and you should have no problems with dents.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
There's no reason to carry a huge case for inserts. It's really a waste of space for something so light and small. The cigar holders are a good idea. Use common sense, place them in a relatively safe spot and you should have no problems with dents.
Exactly! No room for it, anyway.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Sexy gun.

I find it funny how everyone is using DW or Freak-bored barrels and Freaks now. Back a couple years ago when I had the kit, barely anyone was using them o.o
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
Sexy gun.

I find it funny how everyone is using DW or Freak-bored barrels and Freaks now. Back a couple years ago when I had the kit, barely anyone was using them o.o
Thanks! I love it. I actually just traded my Vice for a Rapper b/c I such a fan of the Marq platform. Already ordered another Lurker turbo spring, too. Once the Rapper arrives and checks out then they're both off to TFrevold for anodizing!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone