mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
New rule at the local field

So our local field has now decided to pass a new rule. For weekly open woodsball games, electronic loaders are now NOT allowed. You can only use gravity fed hoppers in their place. The only time that you can use electronic loaders is for scenario games which happen maybe once every 4-6 weeks. They claim that new players are getting overshot and attendance is now down on their regular open games. I understand where they're coming from on this and I applaud their efforts to grow the sport but I think limiting the equipment used is the wrong way to tackle the issue. I think putting more ref's on the field and have them pulling players for ROF and overshooting would be a better option. Any thoughts?
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
i don't see anything wrong with it. it will definately slow people down. or take them out for a few minutes if they forget lol.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Autocannibal

AKA Fan
Why not just have a rof cap?

New PB Nation Feedback
Old PBNation Feedback
MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Hey - we are not "Nation"
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Apple Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
Why not just have a rof cap?
way easier to make sure that people comply than measuring their ROF...
Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
More ref on the field cost more $$
Having a hopper rule is free :P
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ref - $10.00 an hour, loader $2.00 once....

If you have eyes on your electro, you can still use a rattlebox, it just slows your firing rate down. Makes you more in line with the new players, and they don't get the fear of hearing near full auto fire tearing up their bunker.

I have heard of fields not allowing anything BUT their rental equipment before to keep everyone on the same level playing field equipment wise.

Bottom line, their field, their rules, if you don't like it, find somewhere else too play - they obviously are catering to the newer players, so that must be where their $$$$ comes from. The superguns and electric loaders are probably hurting their business because people are not coming back for walk-on play - I could definitely see that.

Styg

Because sometimes its Good to be Evil

stygshore-feedback
Stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Out of curiosity, what is the average weekend attendance? The field I frequent for rec play usually has a pretty decent turnout and they usually separate the rentals from the regulars. While I do agree that more refs would be nice, you have to look at it from a field owners point of view $$$$. More refs = more expense. Banning electronic hoppers is the most cost effective way to limit ROF. Honestly, I don't really see a problem with it. However, I do see people getting around this simply by using Cyclones and Qloaders. You can get either of those to feed pretty reliably at 20+ bps. Seems like another easy way would be to ask people to cap their ROF at 6-10 BPS. Easy to do on electros, more difficult on markers that RT. Also hard to keep people honest. I also applaud the field owners efforts and recognition that new players getting overshot is an issue. If a player doesn't like the new rule, they are free to go somewhere else. Wonder how that will effect his business?
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the average weekend attendance? The field I frequent for rec play usually has a pretty decent turnout and they usually separate the rentals from the regulars. While I do agree that more refs would be nice, you have to look at it from a field owners point of view $$$$. More refs = more expense. Banning electronic hoppers is the most cost effective way to limit ROF. Honestly, I don't really see a problem with it. However, I do see people getting around this simply by using Cyclones and Qloaders. You can get either of those to feed pretty reliably at 20+ bps. Seems like another easy way would be to ask people to cap their ROF at 6-10 BPS. Easy to do on electros, more difficult on markers that RT. Also hard to keep people honest. I also applaud the field owners efforts and recognition that new players getting overshot is an issue. If a player doesn't like the new rule, they are free to go somewhere else. Wonder how that will effect his business?

Exactly, what about a tippmann a5/x7/phenom with a RT?
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
I don't see a problem with it, I think it is a good rule. heh, at a recent walk on day the self segregated advanced group just wasn't so big and people started to leech off to the regular walk on groups such that all the advanced guys willingly stepped down to gravity hoppers. Everyone seemed to be having a great time

and yes, that field has a hopper rule. Well, it is more than just a hopper rule. If you have an electric gun with an electric hopper you have to play advanced. If you have a mech gun you can run whatever hopper in whatever group, though generally you see gravity hoppers on mech guns. Pumps, they don't care what you run - so it is always funny to see guys with CCM's with rotors on them playing next to guys with electros with gravity loaders
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sounds like a good rule for a common problem.
Best solution would be separating advanced players from noobs. But, if the walk on groups arnt big enough to do that, then next best solution is this new rule.
Most fields should have these rules. Noobs getting overshot is bad for the sport. And honestly if someone is the type of player that gets off on shooting noobs at 12.5bps and feels good about it, I personally dont want them playing the sport...
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone