mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
If your a woodsball player and like to play the stealth role, stay away from Planet Eclipse, they are ungodly loud, like a an automag with a short barrel loud.
Egos are, yeah. Geos are just as quet as any other spool. Which is to say, very.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

All,

Thanks for the input so far. But I'm noting only single votes from several. You've no other choices?

To the couple of you who noted this, I don't really go in for the whole 'woodsball vs. speedball' stuff. A marker shoots paint. It doesn't know or care where it is, and neither do I. My mags shoot just as nice on airball fields as they do in western towns, woods, desert fields, etc.

Woodsball is speedball is hyperball is airball. Just different props, turf, and perspective. I like all, and play all, and so do all my markers.

Maybe I should point out that I don't care for milsim-ish stuff. Just not my thing. Always liked mags and cockers because their form complimented their function. That's beauty in my book.

Magmoormaster, price is not a concern in this search. This is simply the research phase. Garbage is not worth buying at any price, and quality is. I won't buy new, of course, because new hasn't proven itself, and usually costs too much to boot. Quality always proves itself, and is worth waiting for.

Diomedes, don't worry, good sir. I'm not on a ledge here, and don't aim to jump. Just thinking about a window to sneak out of every now and again.

And rest assured, I'm skeptical. If an electro cannot be found to keep the mag standard, it won't happen.

Goatboy, I'm actually looking to NOT modify this one. Just fill it with air and paint, empty it, and repeat.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Menace; 11-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

easy, 2 choices.

1) Emag. its already on the same platform that you already know.

2) ICD B2K. not only can i hook you up with one, but that they are pretty simple, shoot great and easy to use. other than the noid and battery, there are no other real problems. orings are common enough, and i have all the parts you can need. i service them and can come in blind or with eyes, and in cocker or ICD thread.

talk to me. hell, i'll send you an example to test out. how many people will say or do that?

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Ego 7. Never look back.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Why waste your time? All the specs you list are NOT battery powered...spend. your cash on a pimp 6.5 and be happy! Just sayin...my Phantom -v- any battery...I hold my own
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

if i was buying one today, my choices would be:

spyder electra/azodin blitz/azodin zenith
or
empire axe
or
agd emag/xmag

electric blowback beaters get the job done and you won't feel bad loaning them to a haphazard noob. they shoot "fast enough" for most situations.

i heard nothing but good things about the axe. some people say it's "too light" but you can always add more ballast with something.

and you can't beat back up mech mode of emag/xmag combined with the already reliable design of those beasts if you want reliability.

of those 3 i would pick based on how much you are willing to pay.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
IDK man, I think the e-mag is pretty terrible when compared to most modern guns. The triggers are garbage and they're heavy... plus the proprietary battery issue. Big pass on that one.

Commence freak out.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
I absolutely loved my axe. Only sold it because DM's started getting so darn cheap, and I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about as far as high end spools.

Only downsides of the axe are relative weight and the "you're really not supposed to go inside there" policy on the regulator. But from my experience, the thing is a beast if you can get along withe the ergonomics

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Either Alien Invasion

A. Cheap
B. BULLETPROOF
C. Not common, but uses common parts.
D. Jack stands behinds his markers forever, not just when their in style.
E. Jack cares about his custies.

Axe/Mini/Axe Pro/ Axe PPD
A. Cheap.
B. Effective.
C. Common.

If cash isnt an issue I really like the Axe PPD.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
camocow200

Axe,
#1 easy to clean and maintian.( the engine pops out with a pinch and a twist)
#2 easy to upgrade.
#3 great CS. and pretty much no questions asked warrenty.Ive bought a few that were broken due to user.(never been asked for a receipt)
#4 price
#5 never had an issue with any(5-6) that ive had..
Ive always looked for the E Marker that would fit me better and ive always come back to the Axe even though i really like the Mini better..

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1001) + 100% positive
MCB 275 +

tedaut,Would this count as a socal stock gun ? Oh wait never mind , it would need a stick feed and auto trigger.
woouulf is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone