mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Just heard back from him. He is going to check with the family about options and get back to me.

Stay tuned.

As an additional note, I'm completely ignorant about how these things work anyway, so if anyone has ever done this before, please, feel free to post up with advice.

Maybe if we simply do paypal donations to his account or something? Or just set up an account from which a single check can be cut? This is way out of my area.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
SuperDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I did a cocker for him a while back. He said it was for his family. At the time, I didn't understand the gravity of the situation.
Though we never met, he was friendly, kind, and supportive of my fledgling business. He was a pleasure to work with and seemed like a solid guy.
My heart goes out to his family and friends.
as he said himself, "Murphey's Don't Quit"

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/6016/64r4.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/862/dswt.jpg
James 1:12
English Standard Version (ESV)
12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Hey guys. I received a message from Menace yesterday and had no clue this thread even existed.. I don't think any of you realize how much this means. Clint was my cousin and it came as a shock to both of us when years ago during conversation we realized that both of us loved to play paintball.. Pump paintball at that. That added to the fact that we were both accountants and enjoyed teching guns made everything click. Ever since then we have kept pretty close of projects and contact of how life was. He has always been the only family member who understood and shared my obsession for such a "silly sport". We lived about 10-12 hours away from each other most of that time so up until last year we had never been able to play together. The day before World Cup 2012 my team was able to get out and play with Clint for the first and last time. Memories you just don't forget. Months after he was diagnosed. As many of you have mentioned he was never one to complain. His attitude throughout his entire journey was one of hope. I am left inspired to do the same. At the funeral I found out that Clint had willed the gun, that Panda posted above, to me. I'm honored to have it and I appreciate you doing the work on the gun Panda.

Menace asked if there was anything that can be done for Clint's family. Clint was not married and he has no children. He is survived by his parents and sister. Clint was engaged early this year but with all that was going on physically with him the engagement did not come about. The type of cancer that Clint had(Colon cancer) there have not been many treatments discovered or developed for it. Cancers such as breast cancer have quite a following and public light and much research goes to those but in Clints case most of the things he was going through the responses given to him was "No treatment known". I know that his family would love to see more than anything his type of cancer researched so that others won't be subject to the same situation Clint has. Let me check into some things and I will get back with you all quickly and let you know a good place to donate or send to in order to help.

Thank you so much again for this post. It is comfort to know that your loved ones are not only remember by the family but also the lives he has be involved across the board.

Daniel
It's how WE play it.

Last edited by bendigo360; 11-25-2013 at 04:04 PM.
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #63 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Hello Daniel
I will be waiting for info and like so many others on here we will be doing what we can to help. **** cancer for the loved ones it takes from us.
Richard

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Daniel,

Thanks for posting this, and pardon the misunderstanding about his marital status. Recall a sales thread from last year when he mentioned a wife. Didn't even think about how often guys will refer to girlfriends in that way.

Again, do accept our sincerest condolences, and thank you for allowing the opportunity to express our regards to the family in whatever way is most appropriate.

Yours,

Dan

Old 11-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #65 (permalink)
Born Again n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Hello Daniel
I will be waiting for info and like so many others on here we will be doing what we can to help.

Same here.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Team On Target is doing a headband in support of Murf. I will be posting the information once I receive it.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #67 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Sorry for the loss of another brother in paint.
May I suggest that we should have a sticky "MCB forever" team for in Memorial for Murf and for the others that have passed.
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Agreed.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendigo360 View Post
Hey guys. I received a message from Menace yesterday and had no clue this thread even existed.. I don't think any of you realize how much this means. Clint was my cousin and it came as a shock to both of us when years ago during conversation we realized that both of us loved to play paintball.. Pump paintball at that. That added to the fact that we were both accountants and enjoyed teching guns made everything click. Ever since then we have kept pretty close of projects and contact of how life was. He has always been the only family member who understood and shared my obsession for such a "silly sport". We lived about 10-12 hours away from each other most of that time so up until last year we had never been able to play together. The day before World Cup 2012 my team was able to get out and play with Clint for the first and last time. Memories you just don't forget. Months after he was diagnosed. As many of you have mentioned he was never one to complain. His attitude throughout his entire journey was one of hope. I am left inspired to do the same. At the funeral I found out that Clint had willed the gun, that Panda posted above, to me. I'm honored to have it and I appreciate you doing the work on the gun Panda.

Menace asked if there was anything that can be done for Clint's family. Clint was not married and he has no children. He is survived by his parents and sister. Clint was engaged early this year but with all that was going on physically with him the engagement did not come about. The type of cancer that Clint had(Colon cancer) there have not been many treatments discovered or developed for it. Cancers such as breast cancer have quite a following and public light and much research goes to those but in Clints case most of the things he was going through the responses given to him was "No treatment known". I know that his family would love to see more than anything his type of cancer researched so that others won't be subject to the same situation Clint has. Let me check into some things and I will get back with you all quickly and let you know a good place to donate or send to in order to help.

Thank you so much again for this post. It is comfort to know that your loved ones are not only remember by the family but also the lives he has be involved across the board.

Daniel
Glad to see that the gun is in a good home. I second the idea that we should have a sticky remembering the members that we have lost. I also think that donating towards cancer research is an excellent way to remember those who it has taken from us. I look forward to seeing what the MCB community can do.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #70 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Glad to see that the gun is in a good home. I second the idea that we should have a sticky remembering the members that we have lost. I also think that donating towards cancer research is an excellent way to remember those who it has taken from us. I look forward to seeing what the MCB community can do.
I like the sticky idea also. Maybe because I'm getting old. But like our Quebec license plate says. "Je me souviens" which translates into "I remember"

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone