mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #61 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
How is using a "prop", such as an equal number of two different colors of paintballs being thrown into a mask bag for drawing teams, considered "worse"? .
For our little outlaw group we normally do some variation of attack/defend with the defenders being outnumbered 3-8 or 4 to 12 -- something like this.

Something new im trying: using playing cards.

pull a few face cards and a number of non-face cards where the total is the number of players that are playing. shuffle and lay face down on table.

walk up and flip your card. face card means defender.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #62 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Just throwing this out there, the opposite situation. Played a big game last weekend where the organizer took attendance between rounds, and moved people around when one team lost a group of players. Never seen that happen before. Wish it happened more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwfQtJjE67w

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #63 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Just throwing this out there, the opposite situation. Played a big game last weekend where the organizer took attendance between rounds, and moved people around when one team lost a group of players. Never seen that happen before. Wish it happened more often.
I don't get to too many other fields, but I'm really surprised to hear all fields don't do this regularly. We shift players around from team to team almost on a per game basis either because people have left, or a bunch are sitting out for a game, or if one team is winning a little too easily. I'm a little dumbfounded to hear that this is not common practice everywhere.

I don't go to may scenario games, but I could see it being a bit of a problem at those types of games, if teams were made up before the event. Players might feel an alliance with their team and may not want to switch sides halfway through, although I'm sure enough volunteers could be found in those situations as well.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think the most interesting part of the discussion is the difference in responses from your post over on PBN compared to the majority of responses here.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #65 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiX View Post
I think the most interesting part of the discussion is the difference in responses from your post over on PBN compared to the majority of responses here.
I should make an effort to check out PBN more often. My log ins are due to Google searches for paintball stuff and clicking onto links that lead me there.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #66 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Maybe the problem is fear...You are intimidated way too easy.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #67 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

Well done and much respect, Diomedes.

captains picking: hurt feelings (yeah, we're in 3rd grade gym class again)

bag o' dual-colored balls: too random

Refs need to make fair and balanced teams with people who are willing to be flexible. Refs also need to be willing to rearrange teams based on performance and as people come to/go from the field. If you are an experienced or skilled player or an adult for that matter, you have no place whining about the teams. What Diomedes did was totally appropriate and something I have done myself when teenage refs were too lazy to make fair teams. And sure, groups of new players should be accommodated so they can enjoy playing together.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #68 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
For our little outlaw group we normally do some variation of attack/defend with the defenders being outnumbered 3-8 or 4 to 12 -- something like this.

Something new im trying: using playing cards.

pull a few face cards and a number of non-face cards where the total is the number of players that are playing. shuffle and lay face down on table.

walk up and flip your card. face card means defender.
Hey, I like that idea a lot. We do some of the same stuff, where the defenders have such a terrain advantage that it needs to be about a 3 to 1 game to really be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I don't get to too many other fields, but I'm really surprised to hear all fields don't do this regularly. We shift players around from team to team almost on a per game basis either because people have left, or a bunch are sitting out for a game, or if one team is winning a little too easily. I'm a little dumbfounded to hear that this is not common practice everywhere.

I don't go to may scenario games, but I could see it being a bit of a problem at those types of games, if teams were made up before the event. Players might feel an alliance with their team and may not want to switch sides halfway through, although I'm sure enough volunteers could be found in those situations as well.
I second this response to the letter. We always reshuffle when necessary, and the players seem thankful for it.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone