mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

View Poll Results: What barrel sizes would you like to see produced?
11" 24 46.15%
13" 16 30.77%
15" 19 36.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderated

Will you offer rifled versions for first strike users?
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Spiral porting like the all American.. 15" in great by me. As I normally use 16".

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

i would be into the idea if you could make up some with threaded tips for scenario markers. i would run one if it could use hammerhead and lapco tips. other than that, i already have a lot of barrels, freak, hammer head, lapco, and the list goes on....

i also second the rifled for first strikes idea.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Subscribed! Interested to see what comes of this and how the end design looks

Ganon's Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLife View Post
Price. Purchase factory direct. Pass the savings to the players.
I'm not sure if they will be enough to really cut it in the barrel market. It is really saturated and there are already options for CF barrels under $20. Is 'cheapest offering' really a model that is sustainable or worth your time and effort? As previously mentioned in this thread, barrel length isn't even really much of a differentiator, as rounding and measurement methods from brand to brand effectively cover all bases.

I don't want to discourage you from getting into this market (paintball barrels and accessories), I think this industry needs more innovators and options. What I do want to discourage is another vendor who shows up offering more of the same for a negligible price difference. Embrace the growing milsim and magfed segments. Look into rifled offerings (there are only 2 current manufactures of rifled First Strike barrels, and neither has really nailed it). Give me a reason to buy your product other than a low price. If you do that I'm sure you will go far.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ebay, camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
I'm not sure if they will be enough to really cut it in the barrel market. It is really saturated and there are already options for CF barrels under $20. Is 'cheapest offering' really a model that is sustainable or worth your time and effort? As previously mentioned in this thread, barrel length isn't even really much of a differentiator, as rounding and measurement methods from brand to brand effectively cover all bases.

I don't want to discourage you from getting into this market (paintball barrels and accessories), I think this industry needs more innovators and options. What I do want to discourage is another vendor who shows up offering more of the same for a negligible price difference. Embrace the growing milsim and magfed segments. Look into rifled offerings (there are only 2 current manufactures of rifled First Strike barrels, and neither has really nailed it). Give me a reason to buy your product other than a low price. If you do that I'm sure you will go far.
And at one time the 2 rifled barrels were made by the same company...
Its all about quality,fit and finnish..

Ebay, camocow200 (1200) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (70) + 100% Positive Feedback
MCB 290 pos feedback

"Mar" bro: welcome to the forum, super nice marker - hopeful for your sale.
"stargazer" It's ma'am actually, not bro.

Last edited by woouulf; 11-26-2013 at 11:27 AM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Hate to sound like a Debbie but I hope you have the freak system patent taken care of. Someone will come for you no doubt if not
T-MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Full bore barrels, regardless of size....and since paint is growing smaller these days....please have options for those of us finding sooo many roll-outs in barrels smaller than .675
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I wouldn't mind seeing one piece barrels 13 inches in 670, 675, and 680 cocker threaded and phantom threaded. I'd like the raw option, too. I have several projects in work.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I vote 11. And if you could make it in 3 different bore sizes that would be ideal + the freak boring. And make the bore size continuous, not just stop at a certain point.
Sizes to consider:
.679, .683 and .687.

That being, if a ball is under .682, you can add the freak insert .679 and have the rest of the barrel the same length. OR, if a ball is say .684, we can use the .683 with a .682 freak insert. And so on. But I would say .679 is also idea for a small bore because say for example someone is using a .676 paintball or something. Freak inserts (at least the mass produced one) go down to .675. That way you can use the .675 and the .679 will not be that much bigger of a barrel throughout. It should make for a more accurate shot, as opposed to having a .675 insert that is only about 5 or so inches of a control bore and then a .690 barrel for example for the rest of the bore.
- Cocker threaded is a given, but if you really want to sell a lot more, you should make these for phantoms also. Then you'd really make a killing. Just remember phantom barrels are smaller in diameter than cocker barrels.

Just my .02

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone