mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Empire Dfender Field Test

Empire Dfender in action at Flagraiders paintball last weekend! Can't believe how quiet it is with the Apex2 barrel!! -15C and shot flawless all day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIrYIpqQxX0

Feedback..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Proud member of the GUNMEN WRECKING CREW
visualreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Any chance at an actual review? Also, why is your helmet cam on the opposite side as your gun hand?
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Cool little video but I wouldn't really call it a review. I was hoping to hear your thoughts on the pros/cons of the marker.
biftip98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

in all fairness, the post is titled field test and not a review.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
in all fairness, the post is titled field test and not a review.
Touche. However, my comment still stands. It is a cool little video, yet doesn't help anyone who is on the fence about purchasing this marker.

OP- Please don't think I am trying to bash you. I wish more people would post videos like this. Your vid is helpful in the fact that it shows the marker will work in very cold conditions (some won't, or will have tons of oring or velocity issues).

However, a simple 15 sec commentary on the end of the video or written out in the post would be extremely helpful. People (i.e. me lol) are very interested in the feel of the marker, how it shoulders with the tank on, ease of reloading, ease of maintenance, etc...

But good job in at least posting something to try and help out the wider community.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by biftip98 View Post
Touche. However, my comment still stands. It is a cool little video, yet doesn't help anyone who is on the fence about purchasing this marker.

OP- Please don't think I am trying to bash you. I wish more people would post videos like this. Your vid is helpful in the fact that it shows the marker will work in very cold conditions (some won't, or will have tons of oring or velocity issues).

However, a simple 15 sec commentary on the end of the video or written out in the post would be extremely helpful. People (i.e. me lol) are very interested in the feel of the marker, how it shoulders with the tank on, ease of reloading, ease of maintenance, etc...

But good job in at least posting something to try and help out the wider community.
A review is on its way. With all markers i get to test and review i like to shoot 5-10 cases through it so i can get a feel with the marker and give you guys the pros and cons. A review is coming soon. I will post a video up this week with my first impressions of the defender.

Thank you for your feedback

Kaz..

Feedback..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Proud member of the GUNMEN WRECKING CREW
visualreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualreviews View Post
A review is on its way. With all markers i get to test and review i like to shoot 5-10 cases through it so i can get a feel with the marker and give you guys the pros and cons. A review is coming soon. I will post a video up this week with my first impressions of the defender.

Thank you for your feedback

Kaz..
That's actually a great stance to take. I've loved guns the first game I played with them and wound up not liking them several games later as certain things take time to notice. The opposite has also happened. Some more play time with the marker will give a better understanding of it and tell us something about durability and any issues you experienced. Looking forward to this review.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualreviews View Post
Empire Dfender in action at Flagraiders paintball last weekend! Can't believe how quiet it is with the Apex2 barrel!! -15C and shot flawless all day!
Hah! I was about to ask, what is -15C ? Then I read the comments about the cold.

I field tested the dfender by being shot with one a couple of weeks ago. It was notable in my opponents visible profile. I was working the opposite side of a creek when he moved up to a small (1-2 person) wall bunker across from me. I left him alone while I attended the other side, but he eventually spotted me. When he started firing, his goggles showed out of the right side (but ~60 deg off of front) of the bunker, with the barrel under his mask. He had warpfeed profile, but had the marker underneath his head and tilted a little. It didn't look comfortable, but it worked well. I normally could take that bunker from that angle (it's a busy spot), but he tucked in there tight.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Looking forward to this review.
Ich auch...
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

main question: can you put a tpx on the bottom rail so you could shoot first strikes too?
richter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone